Welland Scuba Park Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could very easily be a hybrid of sat images, as in one from winter and one from summer overlayed.

Or parts thereof

Most recent report I got from Welland is 10 feet vis and low 80 water

In a week ago,at Swing Bridge, and it was poor viz too. A little better under the piers. Lost a diffuser on one of my strobes. If anyone encounters a little round piece of plastic. Lol.

Swing Bridge today, viz was best I have seen it, going on 15 feet ish possibly 20. I could see surface at 24.

Ontario Street bridge, not so good, but was still better than 10 feet.

73 was temp at 35 ft

i thought i hit 58F at some point re: temp.

Viz was good at lift bridge, but preferred last friday because the sun was blazing which made it real nice.

Ontario bridge was awesome thanks to our guide :) huge cog wheels and some large fishs!

cool, i will be down this way over the weekend. Thinking of hitting the park either Thursday or Friday after 5:30pm. Is the boat launch the easiest way in?

Well If you get to the park portion where the parking lot is, get in at the dock.

If you want to hit the swing bridge you want to go down Canal Bank Road from about 4th ave. Turn into the dirt road just after 6th left hand side. There is a small dirt lot about 6 cars can park . You have to walk across street to get to steep downhill section to canal water

The Ontario bridge, go in off Prince Charles and just keep left. There is parking along the canal. The boat docks now are all just floating. So you kind of just traverse slowly down the bank to get in. Was a bit slippery getting out last weekend

Have fun..and feel free to grab any garbage you see, I am going to start cleaning up the canal off all the crazy garbage ( pop bottles, stuff with batteries etc)

Good idea, I'll bring a goodie bag for trash.

Swing Bridge today, viz was best I have seen it, going on 15 feet ish possibly 20. I could see surface at 24.

Ontario Street bridge, not so good, but was still better than 10 feet.
73 was temp at 35 ft

Water temp 61F at the park docks, viz 24 ft vertically as I could see the rain falling on the surface.

Lots of little bass in the weeds.

Found and removed a dozen plastic cups, two broken purple tennis balls, a Pringles tube, several pop bottles and a Mako mask in 7 ft of water.

If I have time tomorrow I will go in at the swing bridge after 4:30pm.

Back
Top Bottom