What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is going around the Cozumel Facebook community, so thought I would share it - it's very funny and pretty accurate - aside from the rain and flooding!

We Will rebuild.jpg

This is going around the Cozumel Facebook community, so thought I would share it - it's very funny and pretty accurate - aside from the rain and flooding!

View attachment 107108
A few years ago when a hurricane threatened south Louisiana, a friend of mine went to help someone she knew get their house prepared for the storm, after which they evacuated to a town 100 miles farther inland. When she brought her friend back home after the storm had passed, she found an empty plastic Gatorade bottle atop a fencepost in the back yard, right where she had left it a couple of days before. That storm was a non-event as well.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. :^)

Now that is a funny picture, sure glad we can all share that laugh
It could have been bad

I can appreciate the humor, but when even with insurance it costs 4 figures to evacuate last minute for the 2nd time in 5 years, its not as funny as it could be. I'm just glad everyone appears to be ok and damage is minimal.

I can appreciate the humor, but when even with insurance it costs 4 figures to evacuate last minute for the 2nd time in 5 years, its not as funny as it could be. I'm just glad everyone appears to be ok and damage is minimal.
That sucks George. Look over TravelSafe.com coverage for future trips.

Is your and your family's life not worth 4 figures? Just sayin....

If it's a disaster situation, I think in hindsight you'd gladly pay 4 figures to be out of the situation.

OhmyGod, Conditions are horrible!!!!:eyebrow:

It has rained very single day! for at least five minutes!

I almost got wet, once!!!

The skies were all gray, then sunny, then gray, then sunny . . . I did not know how to handle it!! So I went diving!!

Okay, more serious - yes, Coz got a lot of rain. I could tell, because when we jumped it, the water was COLD!! Seriously, the top 6 feet - 2 meters were only 80o! :shocked2:

Fortunately, once one dropped below the thermocline, it was up around 82.

Yes, the vis sucks. It was only about 100 feet, about 120 when the sun shined.

The air temp is a little chilly; I was in a jacket more than a few times because the keep the AC so cold here! :cold:

:rofl3: Sorry . . . the only thing different this time is the sky went gray, then sunny, and occasional sprinkles, and one hard rain during the night for 15 minutes. The sea laid down wonderfully, when it did sprinkle, it made the surface look funny. Did not stop us diving one bit, nor did it interfere with enjoying the amenities . . . Well, maybe a little . . . it watered down the drinks when were were in the hot tub. :giggle:

Having a super time!!!!

Glad it's good, Jax. :cool: A hard norther blew thru here yesterday but it looks like it'll be a soft norte there.

Back
Top Bottom