What creature is on your 'to see' wish list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeh, I'm for that Louie. It seems a cage dive is hardly worthy of logging as a dive. But apparently great white dives are done someplaces without a cage. I think it is in South Afdrica where the sharks come into to feed on the sea lions and there is no need to chum the waters.
Also ther is a recent S. African invention where a diver can trigger an electric field which instantly repels sharks reputedly. Does anyone know more about this device and its efficacy to date?:confused:

Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Cuttlefish, Sailfish, Sea Dragon, Whales, masses of schooling fish, Blue Shark, White Shark, I think that if I thought about it long enough there would be no end to the things on my wish list, this gives life to the dream of each dive.:)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

To misphrase Ontario-Diver's sig, I'd like to see anything that isin't one of "18 species of fish, in various shades of brown and green"

Ahh, well, one of these days when I have time and money I'll make it down to the tropical waters... Or maybe Vancouver / Gulf of the St. Lawrence, to see squid, octopii, eels, sharks, etc.

Until then, I guess it'll have to be perch, bass, wrecks, and zebra-mussels.

Jamie

seems to be a common list: whale sharks, manta wray, whales of any description.

On the more obscure I think it would be cool to be buzzed by penguines - they look great in aquariums but surely in the wild no 1!

Jonathan

Diving almost exclusively in the Great Lakes, I would like to see anything other than trout, perch, bass, carp,zebra mussels or rocks....... not asking for much am I?

SS

One of these days it'll happen...

Blue/yellow ribbon eel.

Ribbon eels are amazing creatures that change sex from the commonly seen black/yellow male to the rarely seen blue/yellow female and finally the almost never seen yellow mature female.

I've only seen the males. Trouble is once they become female, their life is nearly over. I've heard that Manado is a good spot for finding them.

This is why i dive.

AND, it was the 1st dive in the ocean for the students I was taging along with, what a treat for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom