What creature is on your 'to see' wish list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gone swimming with whale sharks, dove with turtles, seals, dolphins, eagle rays, and all sorts of fish both in the lovely warm waters of the Carribean and the cool waters of Great Lakes system.

So I've come nose to nose with a muskie (I don't know who backed off quicker), and have some interesting dives with Northern Pike.

What I'm still after is other kinds of sharks -- not necessarily a great white (cage only for me), and the very ellusive merman..

I'm not sure of the critter's name,
but I'm sure I can find them in the Red Sea, or Truk Lagoon,
or the Great Barrier Reef .

LOL

MikeD
:blfish:

...giant pacific octopus, cute little octopus, medium sized mommy octopus and manatees.

I would like to see a whale shark, manta ray and giant octopus. I also wouldn't mind seeing the USS Saratoga.

The hopes for our up coming trip this summer will be Minkes, Mantas and Cuttlefish. A Whale shark would be nice as well but. that's not likely.
Caymaniac:wink:

I post it this one before but maybe no one saw it.
I would like to add something here no one of us is faster than a shark or any fish in the water, so if the shark is coming to hurt u ( asta lavista baby ) I don’t think u would be able to do anything more then peeing in your suit and this will make the problem even worse.

Ok guys listen to this story, last year back in charm el sheik some friends had a safari.
During the safari the owner of the boat and the divemaster went on a deep air dive,
And never came back 2 days later they found the divemaster, but with one hand and one leg missing they took his computer and download his dive and look what they found:
They went to 100 m and then the divemaster went to 140m and then up to 100m more then 3 or 4 times going up and down in less then a minute , , I don’t remember the details of the story but they say that a shark had attack then. Though in the red sea the reef shark run away from u if he saw u in the water, and u can even dive between hammer head sharks in the morning with no problem.

Anyway u cant predict what the next step of the shark is if he was in the dive site.

In my country we have weight sharks 5 or 6m ones and we dive next to them but we are always worried, anything could happen u will never know. but we never had any accident .
Take care guys

Seahorses are top. More sharks.

Every time I come back from a dive my 7 yr old nephew wants to know if I saw a megamouth shark. Not likely!

Wazza - I feel safer at depth w/ sharks then with some of the people in the streets of major cities....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom