What goes around, comes around

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The answer is no -- you can teach students in a backplate, and you can use a long hose -- but there ARE portions of the PADI class that one MUST do while wearing a snorkel, so that has to be taken into consideration. We solve it by putting our OW students in 40" hoses. They donate the primary, but don't have to deal with pulling a hose over their head with a snorkel on.

And viz yesterday was actually MUCH better, Bob -- we're into the "whale snot" phase of this bloom, and I have high hopes for Saturday's dives!

Now you see, mention swimming in whale snot anywhere else and it would have a negative connotation :)

Looks better, does not corrode, and puts more food on the table of your LDS owner.

The other theory is that brass gets sharp edges quicker, which - as an engineer - I find hard to believe.

Whew, you had me worried there for a minute! Fortunately I don't care what I look like, appreciate the patina of old brass (which does not corrode) and feel I've fed enough LDS owners for awhile. As for sharp edges... I'll have to put an addendum in my will in case my grandchildren have kids and inherit my dive gear. Wouldn't want them to get a boo boo :no:

robosock026.jpg

Now you see, mention swimming in whale snot anywhere else and it would have a negative connotation :)
Here it's good news ... it means the plankton is clumping together, and the water in between the clumps is pretty clear. At some point it all sinks to the bottom and the vis gets really good for a couple of days until the next bloom cycle begins ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The same thing is happening in my local lake, though in that case I suppose it should be considered Sturgeon snot. Slightly smaller, but the same great taste!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom