What have you learned in the last year, regardless of how long you have been diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned that compass is NOT an optional piece of gear.

I recently purchased all of my gear, and was questioning how necessary the compass of my console was really is. I remember the exercise I did during my certification, at the time, I didn't really think it was important. I will definately practice that exercise again in my backyard. Thanks for pointing that out! :lotsalove:

I learned:
-That when you need your training from Rescue class, it kicks in without conscious thought, and you do everything essentially right.
-That some divers have a hundred dives and others have one dive a hundred times.
-That Pt. Lobos with 80' vis. is the prettiest dive I have ever been on.
-I learned what a rat fish is.
-& finally, sometimes harbor seals will give you a hug underwater.

I learned when descending without a line or a visual reference that you better keep one hand on your inflator - and one eye on your computer. I wondered why my ears were killing me and I had a hard time equalizing, until I looked at my computer and realized I had dropped to 71 feet pretty darn quick :11:.

I also learned that you can't get distracted on ANY dive and forget that the reason you HAVE a buddy is so you can BE a buddy. The guys were diving Attakulla Lodge recently, and I was so excited to be hanging on the line with them that I totally disregarded the fact that my buddy said she was getting low on air and had to start back up. I waved bye-bye and watched her ascend. She politely reminded me that I should have come up with her, and that not only was she left to solo to the surface, so was I. :classic:. Always keep your head on straight when diving, even if you are diving your childhood home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom