What have you seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bioluminescence on a night dive off Roatan. Simply waving your hand through the water produced a wave of light.

--Whale shark

--The steel-torn edge surfaces on bottom, sides, and deck, by which the coastal tanker CHESTER POLING broke in two and sank off Gloucester in a winter storm-- I knew a couple of the Coast Guard SAR crew members who saved all but one, in near-impossible weather.

Great White... twice.
My wife shooting her first fish,a flounder.
Continental shelf..over a thousand times.
Wrecks that no one else has dove,
2 giant bluefins from 5' away.
On NYE around 11:55 1999 in Looe Key with my wife and BFF several squid approach and "land" on our upturned hands while pulsating vibrant colors.

Bioluminescence on a night dive off Deerfield beach. These things were tall, strands, about 7" long. They would flash starting at the top and go down, similar to what those new dripping Christmas lights. If you turned on your light, you couldn't see them. Very cool.

Yeah. new diver. way cool.

More of a brag than anything else. I found a nudibranch at Blue Heron Bridge last week. Only been photographed one other time.. back in 2009! Woot!

Was in the middle of a school of jacks on a dive where I got separated from the group. Alone in 80 ft. water. I went up to about 60 looking for the group (and bubbles) and ended up in blue water and a this school came out of nowhere. Thousands of them. Above, below and all around. Came within arms reach as they were passing by.

Two younger divers humping between secluded coral fingers..lol.

And some Spanish coins, which were not procreating.

I've been diving since '97. On our first vacation (4yrs ago) my GF have me a hard time about leaving her for half of one day to go diving. She very reluctantly went for her OW Cert after much ....... Lets say coaching ! So, I would have to say that my "best thing seen" was My GF face after seeing a Sea Turtle on her last OW check-out dive which was one of her bucket list items "To see a Sea Turtle in its natural environment". 4yrs later - now she is AOW Cert and we just did 11 dives on our trip last month - and she loves it !. In fact, I was done after our 9th dive but she wanted to do more ! Feeling lucky ! Although dont think I can too a Nuclear Submarine - but don't tell her that :wink:

http://youtu.be/JpVsWRA02sU

She is a little camera shy but Im working in that now too - LOL. I will make sure she gets in the next vid !

---------- Post added January 8th, 2014 at 08:07 PM ----------

(Typo - don't think I can top a Submarine). Stupid autocorrect !

Back
Top Bottom