What is a "logged dive"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dive is that of which is above a 4 and is longer than a minute. Reason for this is if you refer to a dive computer or PDC. They don't recognize dives that are shallower than 3-4 feet. An official dive consists in waters deeper than 5m.

As a note if you travel or may decide to dive around the world. Some countries require under there local laws that you present a log book. With a dive(s) that is logged within 6 months. This of course varies between countries. Different dive centres have difference rules and regulations.

Thus! It's wise to log your dives. As thoroughly as possible. An alternative form of logging dives is with a PDC. Automatically logs dives for you. Download the dives to a computer or save them as an Excel doc. for future reference.

Have fun diving and enjoy!!!

As a note if you travel or may decide to dive around the world. Some countries require under there local laws that you present a log book. With a dive(s) that is logged within 6 months. This of course varies between countries. Different dive centres have difference rules and regulations.

Can you go expand on that? (As an instructor I never have money to travel, so I have to trust in the experiences of others.)

I would listen to Steve (Doppler). While logging your experience of each dive is remarkably useful data to have when you do show it to someone for the purposes of going for DM, IDC, or diving the Doria you may want to have a few dives that exceed those PADI minimums. Kinda like people who log/count pool dives -- while you might have useful data to record (perhaps you were practicing trim) please don't use them for your DM minimums (and yes we have had people try this). Either way, keep diving!

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom