What is the best DEFOGGER you have used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy of mine brought back from Florida a special kind of 'glass cleaner' in a spray bottle.

In my experience, this beats the hell out of anything a dive shop will sell.

But I can't recall the name of it, a few years back. Sucks!

Only one or two actually said their spit did NOT work! Mine does not work through an entire dive! Having worked for an oral healthcare company, I know that the chemical makeup of individual saliva can vary. This MUST account for why my spit doesn't work.

As for LICKING the mask, that may work. However, it would be a last choice as popping in the shampoo is easier.

Anyway, I use J&J baby shampoo - diluted (1 - 4 parts water). This prevents bubbles in the mask, burning eyes, etc. And it works for the entire dive. This is extremely inexpensive. One bottle of baby shampoo will last me a year or more, depending on my dive frequency.

I rinse my mask out in the sea, not in the rinse bucket. The only rinse bucket I will use on a dive boat is the camera bucket (for my camera). Most folks will keep that clean.

sea nmf once bubbled...

Anyway, I use J&J baby shampoo - diluted (1 - 4 parts water). This prevents bubbles in the mask, burning eyes, etc. And it works for the entire dive.

But the Beaty of J&J Baby Shampoo is (as Advertised): "NO MORE TEARS" so it should not burn your eyes...

The way I do it, is I put Shampoo as soon as I start preparing for the dive and leave it their for some time and then I rinse right before diving... this ways it sort of becomes like a shield, then while underwater, should I need to clear the mask I would then have some residue left.

I use spit,tried 5-6 different products but they either did'nt work that great,or left this smarmy residue all over my mask.So it's spittle for me!!!!

Scuba Steve

" Sea Drops" anti-fog & lens cleaner, put it in, smear it
around, WHAT A COUPLE MINUTES, rinse, two dives later still clear.

TRIG
:)

Dawn dish soap works best for me. It doesnt suds up as much as the shampoo and works great. Just make sure you get it all out before your dive or your eyes will be angry with you.

Back
Top Bottom