What is the future of Scuba Diving and the technology we use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, dude, you just need to move to a cave in Alaska. Cuz there is not really any way for someone with your outlook on life to find happiness anywhere. Wow!

Why would I want to move to a cave in Alaska, or indeed anywhere other than the place where I live? I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life, just appreciating what my own little acre has to offer, including snorkelling whenever I want. I've done my share of intercontinental travel over the years, and believe me, there's no place like home, particularly if the alternative is sitting either on the floor of a strange airport where all the flights are delayed or cancelled, or in an aircraft that's been diverted to the back and beyond, or in some exotic resort surrounded by barbed wire to keep the poverty-stricken locals out. Why would anyone want to put themselves through that unless they were masochistic by nature? Air travel isn't always everything it's cracked up to be and if you think otherwise, you've been exceedingly fortunate. As for my outlook on life, I'm neither a pessimist nor an optimist, I'm a meliorist, I believe that the world in which we live can and will improve, so long as we work to make things better. Do you think we live in the best of all possible worlds?

Disco Dave has a point, he's done the dance but now he plays to his own tune :)

Well said dave, I like your style. You'd be a cool dude to dive with :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom