What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

last night i had a bottle of 'Great Bustard' beer by the stonehenge brewery. nice bottled beer, must find the pub which serves it on draught.

last night i had a bottle of 'Great Bustard' beer by the stonehenge brewery. nice bottled beer, must find the pub which serves it on draught.

Their web site lists a few in Wiltshire and Pewsey. I have to go back to the UK, had a great time there.

Have a Red MacGregor from Orkney Brewing, Orkney, Scotland. Sounded interesting.

Dark Island, and DragonHead ... yummm .... I enjoyed the Dragonhead at the "back bar" here. I kick myself for not taking the camera with me that evening. Mo bhean and I had a great conversation with a few of the locals.

I have a hunch I could spend a lifetime tasting, and never come close to trying every good brew. My travels have yet to take me to Ireland, Scotland or Great Britain, but it sounds like I really need to move it higher on my to do list.

Best beer I ever had was in Germany. Not German beer that they sell here, but but actually sitting in a beer hall there and drinking the towns local brew that is available only in that town.
The imported beer they sell here from Europe is made for the American market and is not the same stuff. If I want a really good beer here I don't even bother buying imported stuff I just get local beer that a small town brewery makes in my neck of the woods.
Same idea, different country.

Best beer I ever had was in Germany. Not German beer that they sell here, but but actually sitting in a beer hall there and drinking the towns local brew that is available only in that town.
The imported beer they sell here from Europe is made for the American market and is not the same stuff. If I want a really good beer here I don't even bother buying imported stuff I just get local beer that a small town brewery makes in my neck of the woods.
Same idea, different country.

i think it's the same the world over, our 'real ales' are enjoying a surge in popularity which gladdens my heart. hopefully the days of 'john smiths' double diamond' etc are over with.

Though i have to say a real IPA (India Pale Ale) is brewed to be bottled & exported and not to be a cheal immitation of the beers at home. It was produced for our troops in India when we still had an empire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom