What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best beer I ever had was in Germany. Not German beer that they sell here, but but actually sitting in a beer hall there and drinking the towns local brew that is available only in that town.
The imported beer they sell here from Europe is made for the American market and is not the same stuff. If I want a really good beer here I don't even bother buying imported stuff I just get local beer that a small town brewery makes in my neck of the woods.
Same idea, different country.

That might be to a point but there are some very good imports to the USofA. Then again, if you can access a great beer made locally go for it !!!

There are quite a few beers in the US that are really only a local beer. I enjoy the Yengling Black and Tan, in a bottle, but have yet to get down to try it on tap. Kegged, it is not shipped far from the brewery, I am told.

When I was in Portland, Me afew weeks back I tried several local beers, that I can't find at home.

Right now I am really enjoying an Arrogant Bastard, along with a small plate of Aged Asiago cheese, crackers, and fresh horseradish. Takes a dam strong tasting beer like the AB, to go with that snack!

demotivational-posters-beers-on-tap.jpg

Just saw this in the Lionfish thread. Dam, didn't say where this place was tho! :shakehead:

There are quite a few beers in the US that are really only a local beer. I enjoy the Yengling Black and Tan, in a bottle, but have yet to get down to try it on tap. Kegged, it is not shipped far from the brewery, I am told.

That may be true, I don't know any pubs around here that have it legged and I'm 25 miles from the brewery. Besides, black and tan is so much fun to mix yourself, especially if you know the words to the song.

Dogfishhead 60 min IPA or the 90 if you prefer an even hoppier brew.

and the owner is a great guy. Buddy of mine had just returned from Afghanistan a few years ago and met the owner at a beer festival. The owner invited him and his wife up to the brewary, put them up in a local hotel and gave them a nice long weekend including tastings and tours.

That may be true, I don't know any pubs around here that have it legged and I'm 25 miles from the brewery. Besides, black and tan is so much fun to mix yourself, especially if you know the words to the song.

I do not know the words to the song, and you do NOT want me to sing. Trust me on that. :shakehead:

I tell people who want me to do Keraoke, that I could make good money at Keraoke bars. All I'd have to do would be sing once; after that people would pass the hat just to keep me from ever doing THAT again! :D

#1. Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale
#2. St Bernardus Pater #6
#3. Chimay Reserve
#4. Fin Du Monde
these are rich and complex and changed the way I think about beer. Rather than a piss-flavored belly fat increaser for sports bars, I realized that beer can be as complex as wine and something to be savored and enjoyed for flavor. These beers make me want to home brew.

Had Asahi Black last night. Didn't even know they made a dark beer. Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom