What is your drysuit made of?

What is your drysuit made of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love this thread because I am in the market for a trilam drysuit. I have dived the GUI TLS 350 and love it. Which manufacturers make trilam suits?

I need a custom suit because of my size.

I have checked into: DUI & Santi (love diving them but very expensive), HOG/USIA (bilam, maybe more subject to tears), White's (hard to put on), Bare (makes a trilam but no custom sizes in trilam).

So which other manufacturers of trilams would be worth a look?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Viking Extreme is my primary, a polyurethane suit.
For working dives, I use the shop's Harvey's front-zip.

I also have a DUI RS1050 vulcanized suit that I've been trying to sell...however, no one is biting for $350, so I'll probably just lengthen the legs so it fits me and maybe throw a helmet yoke on it.

Just out of curiosity did anyone who chose a neoprene dry suit do so in part because if it failed the suit still retained buoyancy?

I have a trilaminate BARE NexGen drysuit. Love it because it' rear shoulder entry, light, simple, flexible, and easy to work on.

I had a whites fusion, and was overall happy with it. Drying time was an issue (for me). I sold it and bought a Santi eMotion. Durability, reputation, features and the faster drying of a tri-lam were considerations in the purchase.

I do like the DUI CX200,and would love to have one. But for me, the drying time compared to a tri-laminate suit, would rule it out for a suit to travel with.

Just out of curiosity did anyone who chose a neoprene dry suit do so in part because if it failed the suit still retained buoyancy?

Having flooded a uni-suit I can assure you that the weight of the water off sets the buoyancy.

You've got "Trilam" and "Cordura" as separate options, but most suits made with Cordura are of trilaminate construction. For instance, the DUI CLX450 - "The upper body fabric is a trilaminate material made of Cordura® blend / butyl rubber / polyester." A handful are bilaminate.

Either way, there aren't any drysuits made of "just Cordura"

DUI TLS 350 and 30/30.

Same here.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2013 at 08:54 PM ----------

Having flooded a uni-suit I can assure you that the weight of the water off sets the buoyancy.

And I can assure you that, as water is neutrally buoyant, it cannot "offset the buoyancy" of anything.

SEAC WarmDry which is actually made out of high density neoprene. I've owned a lot of suits over the years, including other neoprene suits. This is the first one that has kept me dry for so long. I'm a month from having my SEAC suit for a year and it's still dry on every dive! This is something I have never experienced with any other suit. It's also extremely durable and fits me very well. It looks like I had it custom fitted to me. Finally, the price is the best part. I've owned $1500-3000 suits and they've all had more issues than my current suit, which is priced at just over $1000!

the front entry is required for solo diving.

Not true. I dive a back zip and self zip and unzip all the time.

I voted "crushed neoprene" because I've dived 2 cf200x's. You don't include bi-laminate in the poll. I currently dive a Fusion Sport (bilam) and keep a cf200x as a backup. I like them both, but the Fusion feels more like a wetsuit when swimming.

And I can assure you that, as water is neutrally buoyant, it cannot "offset the buoyancy" of anything.

Well ... submarines sink and rise by filling and emptying their ballast tanks with water. Boats sink when they get filled with water so ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom