What is your drysuit made of?

What is your drysuit made of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom DUI FLX Extreme.....love it. But I must admit, after seeing a few of my friends in the Santi suits and their glowing reviews elsewhere, I'm developing gear lust for one! :)

10 year old DUI CF200 - full custom. Didn't know a thing about dry suits at the time, was the only custom I could find, been very pleased. Don't know what I would do if/when it comes time for replacement.....

rugged & dry.

I have two Fusions and a Santi E-Lite. I like laminate suits because you can vary the insulation and use them everywhere from the Red Sea at 84 degrees, to Vancouver Island at 43.

Pinnacle Black Ice 4mm crushed neoprene front entry. Comfy suit keeps me dry and warm with min. undergarments and the front entry is required for solo diving.
I really prefer diving in a wet suit and only dive dry in cold water (<55F). Northern MA, Rockport etc. I dive dry in the summer, 60 miles south in RI summer is wet suit time!

Heavy Duty SCUBAPRO Fjord tri-laminated dry suit.High quality heavy duty Cordura ensures durability and quick drying, yet remains lightweight. High performance Si-Tech® balanced side activated inlet & adjustable outlet valves facilitate buoyancy operation and increase comfort.

I own two suits, both are laminate. One is a stock DUI TLS350 that recently was replaced by a Santi E.Lite. I'm a fan of laminate suits because it lets me vary the undergarments and I dove the TLS in both New England and Florida Keys waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUI CNSE. about 10 years old. Rugged.

previous owners had zip seals added (all around), kevlar knee pads and sleeves shortened 2 inches.

I added a pee valve and closed the relief zipper as well as replaced the feet with a slightly larger set of booties.

It will need it's second replacement set of zip seals whenever I get it wet again.

I dove it in the NE when I first got it, now dive exclusively in FL.

I like the durability of the CN, but do envy the guys in the light weight slick colored trilam suit. . . (fixing a CN suit appears much easier than a torn trilam)

I'm diving a Scubapro Everdry 4. It was inexpensive, and it was the same suit I certified in, so it felt familiar. Not a bad thing when your OW cert is still hot from the press. On the plus side, it fits like a wetsuit, so I'm not bothered with floaty feet. Also, since it's got socks instead of boots it's easy to turn inside out for drying out condensation quickly, even in the feet. On the minus side, it fits like a wetsuit and is kind of awkward to don. And it's got a back zip, which makes taking a leak after donning it a bit of a chore. At least if I don't want to dribble on it.

I'm planning to buy a shell (trilam) suit when my budget allows it, and I'm seriously considering the Waterproof D7.

Trilaminate. I like the light weight for travelling and range of water temperatures they can be used in.

I dive a Waterproof D1 Hybrid - its TriLam with a techie padded insulating sprung layer built it. It is built like the proverbial brick outhouse - I think it would survive a nuclear strike ! but that actually is its problem. Very heavy and stiff, so I don't find it flexible, but totally warm and easy to dive.

I have just bought a lightweight Hollis DX300 TriLam which I hope will be easier to move in and more flexible when I only need light undergarments and don't need the warmth of the D1. - Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom