What is your favorite/best Cozumel Dive Op?

Best Cozumel Dive Op

• Blue XT Sea Diving

Votes: 45 31.7%
  • Aldora Divers

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Blue Angel Divers

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Dive with Martin

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Caribbean Divers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Deep Blue Cozumel

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Scuba Du

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Liquid Blue

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dive Paradise

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Bottom Time Divers

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Black Shark

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Aqua Safari

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I have been to Cozumel only once, I had a good experience with Dive with Martin for two weeks straight. They provided water, food, and had fairly fast covered boats. The Instructors always asked for input from customers to pick the dive sites, gave good briefings, etc. Also, they run several boats and are good at putting divers with like abilities on each boat. Although my buddy, Mr. G, and I could not achieve quite the bottom time we would have liked, I can see that when diving in current there are other concerns for the Captain driving the boat, trying to get everyone back on board safely and this often means getting the whole group at once. I'm only talking about 5 or 10 minutes here, anyway, and when you have two weeks, you just do more dives. The boat was never really crowded, many times only having 4 to 6 total divers on it. We felt for the money, they provided a great deal. Plus, if you go directly to their office and pay for a week at a time you got a discount. Not sure if they do this year around, though. I would not hesitate to use them again and likely will.

I hope the OP was just looking for light comedy and cheerleading with this one. There simply is no "best op" on the island, just ops who are better for some and ops who are better for others. And after all, the really important thing is the diving itself, isn't it? All the ops are diving the same reef system; once you're in the water, the diffs in dive ops aren't as important.

Dive Paradise

Our favorite is Albatros Charters. Safe friendly and flexible. We will be in Cozumel in 3 weeks..cant wait to dive!

My usual mantra: when going to Coz, decide what kind of diving you want to do - then you'll be able to find any one or more excellent dive operators to cater to it using generally available information, this board, specific experience of your instructor, whichever.

Beware of people saying this one or that one is "the best" or "better than all" or "the worst" because most people don't really have a clue at all (sorry, but really it's true), and unless they have dove (dived? diven?) with every operation in every conceivable set of conditions and with every single crew member and dive master in every single set of conditions, and have done it regularly enough to make a valid comparison (now we are talking about the impossible - thousands of permutations and combinations) then they can't really say.

Cowboy Neal

cowboyneal:
Beware of people saying this one or that one is "the best" or "better than all" or "the worst" because most people don't really have a clue at all (sorry, but really it's true), and unless they have dove (dived? diven?) with every operation in every conceivable set of conditions and with every single crew member and dive master in every single set of conditions, and have done it regularly enough to make a valid comparison (now we are talking about the impossible - thousands of permutations and combinations) then they can't really say.

Cowboy Neal

This is for true.

You can't use all the dive ops, stay in every hotel, & eat in all the restaurants. Yer down there for a week, 10 days if you are lucky. Not enuff time to survey all the choices.

I like Papa Hog. They've got that personal touch, they are divers & they will give me the diving I want.

I always have my primary dive op & a couple back-ups, just like gear. My two back-ups are Dive Paradise & Aqua Safari. They are reliable and have good "big boat" dives. if I haven't been down for awhile, I like to take a leisurely boat ride to an easy spot and meet a bunch of new people.

Any of 'em on your list will do the job just fine.

Curious as to no "Hog"?

Back
Top Bottom