What kind of diving do you do?

What kind of diving do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive wherever I go on holiday that has diving available :) I am happy with either shore or boat diving (prefer to have a buoy line to descend). I have done some wreck diving (non penetrative) and reef diving. Mostly reef diving though. I love diving though so as long at the conditions are not too grim, I'll have a ball.

Do your type try to escape when you pick them? What do you prefer for hunting them, a spear gun or a sling? ;-)

Srsly: Around here, only the really small ones - way too small for harvesting - swim. The large ones just lie there, so harvesting scallops is more or less akin to picking mushroom: a question of finding a good spot, and that there haven't been other divers there the last few days. That's why I don't regard my scallop picking as hunting.
--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

The scallops here are rock scallops and are attached to, and look like, the rocks, thus the hunt. If detached they lie on the bottom, but I only saw that in one spot, once, but it was a lot easier getting them in the bag that time.

Bob
-------------------------------
All my life I've wanted an excuse to wear a knife, and here I have found a sport where it is actually encouraged~ Dave Barry

I put Other for cold water diving.

There isn't a category of warm water diving, so why cold water diving?
I classified shell (or scallop) collecting with Hunting since I believe there is a sub forum of Hunting and Gathering.

Looking for the UN-discovered.....Doesn't matter the type of diving; shore, boat, deep, cave, wreck, OC, CCR etc.....Always looking for an artifact, fossil, wreck or cave, that no one has found before.......

You either forgot coldwater or thought it too unlikely... :confused:

Actually I thought of Cold water, fresh water, salt water, warm water and muck diving but I could only put in 12 options.

There isn't a category of warm water diving, so why cold water diving?
I classified shell (or scallop) collecting with Hunting since I believe there is a sub forum of Hunting and Gathering.

I left it open so you could tick more than one option for those who do a lot of different types of diving.

Looking for the UN-discovered.....Doesn't matter the type of diving; shore, boat, deep, cave, wreck, OC, CCR etc.....Always looking for an artifact, fossil, wreck or cave, that no one has found before.......

That was the other option I would have like to be able to include. Zen diving the closest I could come up with was just to enjoy the experience.

:happywave:lol I wasn't that creative

i like all types of recreational diving in warm water...but my mantra is deep, night and cheap diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom