What kind of diving do you do?

What kind of diving do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever is available. I like it all so far.

There are two different questions here -- one is "What kind of diving do you do?", and the other is, "What kind of diving do you prefer?". Most of the diving I DO is cold, murky water shore diving. What I PREFER is diving from boats, and diving in caves . . . :)

There are two different questions here -- one is "What kind of diving do you do?", and the other is, "What kind of diving do you prefer?". Most of the diving I DO is cold, murky water shore diving. What I PREFER is diving from boats, and diving in caves . . . :)

Singing my song there! I'd love to be able to dive regularly wearing a skin in warm, clear blue water but, RI only has dark, cold, green murky salt water with more than 400 miles of coast line. I dive therefore I am.

I can think of nothing better than warm 30m+ vis with lots of critters and corals. Combine that with a good current and a boat with porters so I don't have to carry anything is my idea of perfection.

For me "other" means night diving. At least 1/4 of my dives are night dives....

There is nothing easier then falling off the back of a boat and drifting along with little to no effort. I love that feeling of being weightless and just watching while the world goes by. AHHHHHH Nothing like a boat/drift dive.

You are right there! I kinda answered the same. I also like boat dives in the tropics but most of my diving is shore diving to make it affordable. We reserve the money for boat dives for when we are away from home. I figure water temps above 20C (68F) is warm water diving:) and heaven.

Really any time underwater is great by me no matter what type of diving it is:daydreaming:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Basic discussions

Last edited:
I found an old thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...t-type-dives-do-you-like-best.html#post368317 which got me thinking how much Recreational diving has changed over the years. I think it would be interesting to see if our members interests have changed significantly.

Please not that you have the option of voting for more than one option if you do multiple types of diving.

I found the poll hard to answer so I skipped it. For example, when I dive on local wrecks, they're deep, boat (some shore), wreck, deco, and for enjoying the marine environment. Don't know which one of those I'm supposed to choose.

In terms of interest, wrecks are still what I enjoy most. Lately about 2/3 of my dives outside of teaching have been deep and involved some kind of incursion into deco. Those are the most common dives I make when the water is colder because the run-times are only about 40 min.

R..

But this is in Basic Scuba. I wouldn't expect there to be deco choices. But there is deep a rebreather choices so....

Did I say there is nothing like a nice drift/boat dive? AHHHHHHH:D

I found the poll hard to answer so I skipped it. For example, when I dive on local wrecks, they're deep, boat (some shore), wreck, deco, and for enjoying the marine environment. Don't know which one of those I'm supposed to choose.

In terms of interest, wrecks are still what I enjoy most. Lately about 2/3 of my dives outside of teaching have been deep and involved some kind of incursion into deco. Those are the most common dives I make when the water is colder because the run-times are only about 40 min.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom