What kind of diving do you do?

What kind of diving do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah... well deep was on the list, and I guess deco would fall under "other" :D. Point taken; nonetheless it is the kind of diving I do most often.

R..

I answered everything except commercial and rebreather ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The whole idea was to get a sense of what SB'ers are up to and if there is a dramatic shift from the old poll. Seems to me from looking at this that we have a very diverse group. Also no surprise that people have multiple choices which may vary by what is available locally and how much travel is possible:)

For me any chance to get in a dive and just enjoy the environment is good.

Favorite diving so far is doing wall dives at a site we have here about 200 yards offshore. There is something about hovering out in the middle of nothing that I find extremely relaxing. Hate to admit but most the time off the wall I am looking into the blue and not at the wall itself.

I prefer to do dives wherever I can, as long as it is within my experience and I believe I can do it safely. With that said, I love exploring new dive sites and taking pictures and filming with my gopro. I try and research the dive sites and what kind of critters I might see, and then I'll be on the hunt to find said critters and establish a list of all the critters I saw and what they were doing...

The majority of my dives involve habitat restoration at a nearby lake. Hence, commercial and other.

I selected "other" because I dive (or at least, used to) exclusively in quarries, which is why I also clicked "shore entry" since that is generally how one enters a quarry; there was one that I went to a few times where you had to take a 4-8' drop off a dock/platform into the water and then use a ladder to climb out so I'm not sure what that would qualify as :acclaim: I also really like being underwater but didn't bother clicking that option.

I must say I am surprised that Boat entries outnumber shore entries.. but I guess it all depends on what you are personally used to hmm?

Again, it gets to which question the voter is answering. When you ask me what diving I DO, 90% of it is Puget Sound shore diving. I PREFER diving from boats, but I don't get to do it very often. Outside of caves, liveaboards are my very favorite way to dive, but of course, I've only done a few.

That is the fun of polls I guess. No matter what the pollster has in mind the participants with interpret and respond in the way they read it. I guess I do prefer shore dives as I tend to prefer to extend the $ I have to dive with and without the cost of a boat I can get more fills. Of course the other thing is that I tend to get very seasick if I get any fumes. I'll be the one scrambling around the boat trying to stay away from the fumes :fear:

My kind of holiday involves as much diving as possible so a Liveaboard would be heaven for dive numbers but the other side of the coin if there is a fume issue. That has kept me off livaboard trips so far. I am afraid I would ruin it for my hubby if I wound up sick all the time:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom