What scooters do you own/use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a Torpedo 2000. It has 30 lbs torque. I'm happy with it. It's not a speed demon, but it will keep up with an extremely fit diver kicking 100 %. The battery is a 33 aH so the run time is almost an hour and a half. The 2500 has 37 lbs torque, but only last an hour.

Bottom line:
Better than the Seadoo toys, but not on par with Apollos.

You get what you pay for and this one suits me just fine.

Ben_ca:
DSC03701_Small_.JPG

I love my X-Scooter

John Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts would approve of this photo!

X - Soon to be X'd. :D

DSCF0077.jpg

Iti s a 1984 Tekna DV-3X. The 9 position prop and direct drive motor are very powerful. It is fast and tows two divers with ease well beyond swimming speeds. I rebuilt it with heavy duty bulkheads, new batteries, O-rings, catalyst etc. This is the third unit I have liberated from the ebay and rebuilt. Notice the compass and depth guage module and the "similarity" of the prop and prop shroud to the X scooter.

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

N

X

I've used one.
I'll soon have my own. :jump:

tahoescootersweb.jpg

All the best, James

I have a Tekna DV3X that I got off Ebay a few years ago...it's a 24 volt that was supposed to have been one of the Black Cloud conversions...who knows....

All Tekna scooters were 24 volt. The only thing I know about a "black cloud" in reference to a Tekna is the mushroom black cloud that might occur with trigger engagment if by some off chance your batteries have given up just the right stochiometric amount of hydrogen gas for the volume of air contained within the housing. Mostly urban legend--mostly.

Motors can be hot wound, one of my motors, a spare was hot wound and is currently installed, it draws the batteries harder, can overheat the relay at full thrust--but has not yet turned into a "black cloud" but it did suffer a meltdown of the rear bulkhead, relay and circuit board and resulting fire which is why I am having to do this:

DSCF0268.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom