what was the hardest in fundies to learn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hardest thing for me was keeping completely horizontal while task loaded ... I tend to go head up when too many things happen at once :idk: Oh yeah, and when I tool tech 1, it came to haunt me again when the task loading was increased.

In both GUE classes I took, the "hardest" thing was different for each member of the team. In fundies, one guy had buoyancy problems, another had a lot of trouble with backkick and I was challenged by trim. The funny thing is that I had dived with those people many times before and those "problems" had never been apparent, they only really surfaced when under stress. I think that is one of the reasons fundies is such a good class, it makes you realize what your weak points are.

I've been mentoring a fundies student who is taking the course this weekend and it'll be highly educational (for me) to see how it all goes.

Given that its a split course with two weekends and three weeks in between i think there's a reasonably high likelihood of a pass, but he definitely still needs the course going into the first weekend. It'll be interesting to see some of the lightbulbs going on that I haven't been able to turn on....

Don't worry, I am bringing some booster cables and a 2000v battery....:)

I think the hardest thing in Fundies for me was learning to say yes (or why then yes) to all the teachings.

Controlled ascents/stops in trim/formation was the biggest skill challenge.

In class, back kick
Post class, a true 6min 3ft/min ascent from 20ft
Back kick . . .(my initial attempt resulted in two strained groin-muscles:shocked2: )

A 6min ascent is easier to do in the metric system:

From 6m stop (20ft), your ascent rate is 1 meter per minute -therefore taking six minutes to surface . . .on my Vytec gauge, I try to move 0.5meters for every 30sec of elapsed time --the same as 1m/min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom