What's In/on Your Bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As @Colliam7 said, I use the "streamlined" hose configuration also. Short hose on octo and bungeed around my neck and main secondary on 40" hose with 90* elbow on reg.

L-Shoulder - Spare double ender
R-Shoulder - Trilobyte and backup light clipped to D-ring and bungeed down
L-Hip - SPG
R-Hip - nothing
Back - SMB/spool & Primary reel (250')
R-Hand - Primary light in goodman glove
R-Forearm - Petrel 2
R-Thigh - small slate

I dive SM with both AL and steel tanks - I have more d rings then normal.

Backup lights clipped on and bungeed on chest d rings.

4x d rings at hips and between hips and buckle for AL tanks.

Canister light butt mounted.

Knife on left hip

Jon line right hip (open water)

2xdsmb - yellow / orange clipped to back d rings.

Lift bag clipped to butt d ring below canister (open water)

400' primary reel (wreck/cave)
Enough spools to make the jumps. (wreck/cave)

Steel tanks get clipped off on the rails and chest d rings.

AL tanks get clipped off on hip d rings and chest d rings.

Then we have the bungee system that is clipped onto the circle rings on the bcd.

Regs get clipped off on chest d rings when not in use.

Hi, all.

I'm curious what everyone has clipped onto, zip-tied to, or in their BC. Go! :)
I dive a BPW so your mileage may vary. Dive knife on left waist strap in front of D ring. Whistle zip tied to deflator hose. SMB and spool on D rings or tucked into drysuit pockets. Secondary light rubber banded to right shoulder strap, use hand/glove mounted primary light when needed. EZCut line cutter attached to dive computer straps on right wrist. Lift bag tucked into pocket below backplate. Backup computer tucked into drysuit pocket or strapped to left shoulder strap. Compass/slate in drysuit pocket or clipped onto harness depending on how handy I need it. When I take my gopro, I click to right should strap d-ring on a lanyard, tray handles tuck into waist band when I a need to secure it. 40 cu ft sling bottle clips to left waist and shoulder d-rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Console (clipped to right side, which is contrary to most).
Sausage sometimes.
Extra clip to hold shell bag when at safety stop.

Oh yeah, forgot the old little yellow whistle--it's been there since day 1 (where I dive in NS no one would hear it anyway). I do use Dive Alert on the reg. if I deem it necessary.

In pockets: Usually foldable snorkel. Shell bag until in use (for collecting & keeping poke-speared flounders, scallops). Sometimes my knife (if not on leg).

Last edited:
Pre Dive "Check"
Right Shoulder D-Ring: Backuplight, Extra Double-ender, Lighthead from cannisterlight, Primary Reg.
Right Hip Harness: 4lbs weight, Cannister for heater vest, Cannister for Primary light, Beltbuckle.
Left Shoulder D-Ring: Backuplight, Optional: Stage, Camera
Left Hip D-ring: SPG, Optional: Stage, Leash, Reel
Left Hip Harness: Knife
Front Crotchstrap D-ring: Scooter, Camera or Shellbag

Hi, all.
I'm curious what everyone has clipped onto, zip-tied to, or in their BC. :)
Me so far: DAN insurance info, allergies and emergency contact on a dog tag.

That's a really good one that I keep forgetting to do (for like 18 years). Thanks for reminding me.

That's a really good one that I keep forgetting to do (for like 18 years). Thanks for reminding me.

Hehe. Yes, I keep thinking I really should have that too.

Inflator hose and a whistle on top left shoulder D-ring, SPG clipped to bottom left. Octo holder on top right, camera on a leash on bottom right. Zeagle pocket on the waist with light & knife & whatever. Rarely: a snorkel clipped to bottom left ring and stuck under the waist strap, SMB on the butt ring, spool attached or in the pocket.

Knife on left side of waist strap
SPG on left hip d-ring
Light on right chest d-ring
SMB and reel on butt d-ring

I recently received tags from this company:
Love Your Pets ID Tags | Order Pet Tags

I like what I received. Haven't had them in the water, so can't say how they will hold up. But the info is cut into the metal, unlike the official DAN tag that appears to just be printed on.

Back
Top Bottom