What's you next cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thread!

My next cruise is booked for September 16th to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao from Miami - and planning to dive in all three. I may try and sneak in a short one to Cozumel and definitely dive there!

I've got two cruises booked in 2023. I was fortunate to lock these down a year ago before the prices went insane! Cruising is a great option for us, as my wife doesn't dive so I can sneak out in the morning and get a couple tanks in while she snoozes and enjoys the Caribbean air on the balcony.

April 9 on Norwegian Prima from NYC to Bermuda. We're overnighting there for 2 nights, so I'm taking advantage and will be diving one day. I've never been to Bermuda, and I'm expecting it to be colder than I like, but I'm looking forward to the experience.

Nov 13 on Celebrity Beyond to Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao. This is a trip with another couple who we met on a cruise a few years ago and, like us, Wife doesn't dive so Husband is always looking for a buddy. We chose this itinerary so that we could dive every stop. Bonaire is one of my favorite diving islands, and I've never been to Grand Cayman, so I'm really looking forward to that trip.

Nov 13 on Celebrity Beyond to Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao. This is a trip with another couple who we met on a cruise a few years ago and, like us, Wife doesn't dive so Husband is always looking for a buddy. We chose this itinerary so that we could dive every stop. Bonaire is one of my favorite diving islands, and I've never been to Grand Cayman, so I'm really looking forward to that trip.
We did a cruise last year to the ABC's & it was probably my favorite cruise I've ever done. We have a cruise upcoming on the Beyond (going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya). I am really excited to see the new ship & hopefully dive at Grand Cayman!

We did a cruise last year to the ABC's & it was probably my favorite cruise I've ever done. We have a cruise upcoming on the Beyond (going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya). I am really excited to see the new ship & hopefully dive at Grand Cayman!
If you can, don't skip diving Costa Maya! I think that stop is a bit of an undiscovered gem; there's not a lot of big resorts or a nearby international airport, so it's not as popular a stop as Cozumel, but the diving is fantastic. The reef off Mahuahal is healthy, and there's a ton of sealife with great visibility.

I had a wonderful experience with Gypsea Divers there. Small shop, with super-attentive service. I did 2-tanks off a cruise stop there with just me and the dive guide. It was a bit choppy on the dive boat (fed the fish for the first time in my diving career!), but the dives were equal to any I've done in Cozumel, except maybe for the swim-throughs in Palancar Caves.

Anthem of the Seas Jan 18, 2024Jan 29, 2024
Day Port
1 Cape Liberty, New JerseyDeparts At 3:00 PM
2 - 3 Cruising Day At Sea
4 Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic From 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
5 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas From 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
6 Philipsburg, St. Maarten From 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
7 Castries, St. Lucia From 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8 Basseterre, St. Kitts From 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
9 - 11 Cruising Day At Sea
12 Cape Liberty, New Jersey Arrives At 6:00 AM

Odyssey of the Seas Jan 27, 2025Feb 8, 2025
Day Port
1 Cape Liberty, New Jersey
Departs At 3:00 PM
2 - 3 Cruising Day At Sea
4 San Juan, Puerto Rico From 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
5 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
6 St. Johns, Antigua From 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
7 Bridgetown, Barbados From 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
8 Castries, St. Lucia From 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
9 Philipsburg, St. Maarten From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
10 - 12 Cruising Day At Sea
13 Cape Liberty, New Jersey Arrives At 6:00 AM

Puerto Plata will be a new port. I have multiple dives at every other port call.

Hello and thank you for creating this thread. Threads like this one and another - Diving off cruise ship? provide great feedback about cruise ship diving. Which is something I was a wee apprehensive about planning being such a diving newb.

I’m going next week and going on short shore dive Cozumel because I have a lunchtime engagement, short shore dive in Grand Cayman because I have a lunchtime engagement, and skipping Jamaica because I have a lunchtime engagement. Can you tell I like having lunch with my family?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom