What's you next cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're doing the Celebrity Beyond in December. St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua and St Kitts. Ship has no diving excursions and wife doesn't dive. Right now I'm planning to dive Dominica. Not sure on the others, but will probably do one additional. She's being a trooper with a week in Bonaire just for my diving, so I'll make sure to not overdo it on the cruise.

We're doing the Celebrity Beyond in December. St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua and St Kitts. Ship has no diving excursions and wife doesn't dive. Right now I'm planning to dive Dominica. Not sure on the others, but will probably do one additional. She's being a trooper with a week in Bonaire just for my diving, so I'll make sure to not overdo it on the cruise.

If you're only doing one more dive I highly recommend going with Pro Divers in St. Kitts. Short walk up the dock from the cruise ship, very good diving sites. Check out the Trip Report a couple threads down.

I'm also on the Beyond next Jan but our itinerary is the Panama Canal and the ABCs.

Another Beyond cruiser here!

I'll be on her in November for a 9-night Grand Cayman + ABC cruise. This is totally a diving cruise. My wife doesn't dive at all, but we are being joined by another couple we met on a previous cruise who is a diver + non-diving wife. Me and buddy will be diving, and the girls will be enjoying the ports top-side.

Another Beyond cruiser here!

I'll be on her in November for a 9-night Grand Cayman + ABC cruise. This is totally a diving cruise. My wife doesn't dive at all, but we are being joined by another couple we met on a previous cruise who is a diver + non-diving wife. Me and buddy will be diving, and the girls will be enjoying the ports top-side.

I was in the ABCs last Dec. Dived every island. I've also dived Grand Caymen 4 years ago. Good diving there. If you/re diving in all those places, you're taking the right cruise.

I liked Bonaire the best of the ABCs. I've dived in Aruba and Curacao before but my first time in Bonaire. Shore dive there and in Curacao, boat dive in Aruba.

Med cruise out of Rome in November for our 30th anniversary. Don't think we'll plan on diving though.

I just booked a couple of winter cruises and both are on Holland.

In January, Eurodam will take us to Jamaica, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Key West

In February, Zandaam heads to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Cayman, Key West, and the ABCs.

I'll try to dive many of those.

We're cruising to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roaton in January. If you only dove one port which woudl you dive?

If you can, don't skip diving Costa Maya! I think that stop is a bit of an undiscovered gem; there's not a lot of big resorts or a nearby international airport, so it's not as popular a stop as Cozumel, but the diving is fantastic. The reef off Mahuahal is healthy, and there's a ton of sealife with great visibility.

I had a wonderful experience with Gypsea Divers there. Small shop, with super-attentive service. I did 2-tanks off a cruise stop there with just me and the dive guide. It was a bit choppy on the dive boat (fed the fish for the first time in my diving career!), but the dives were equal to any I've done in Cozumel, except maybe for the swim-throughs in Palancar Caves.
We'll be there in January. I am having a hard time deciding between here, cozumel or roaton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom