What's you next cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We ended up booking a last minute cruise on the Virgin Scarlet Lady (4 day cruise). It was the first time we cruised with VV. It was different than what we are use to but a lot fun. We had a great time. Wife hasn't decided who we are sailing with in 2024. We will do VV again; but not sure if we can do a week on their ship.

We weren't going dive during the trip; but decided to do the cruise excursion 2 tank dive. It's what we expected. About a 20 min boat ride. First dive was a wreck and the second dive was a reef dive that was down and back; down and back again. Max dept was 35 feet. it was fun to blow bubbles but most likely would skip it next time or just go with Neal Watson direct (they were the ones who led the excursion). It was the first time I've used rental gear in a while. Definitely missed my own stuff because theirs was well worn.

We ended up booking a last minute cruise on the Virgin Scarlet Lady (4 day cruise). It was the first time we cruised with VV. It was different than what we are use to but a lot fun. We had a great time. Wife hasn't decided who we are sailing with in 2024. We will do VV again; but not sure if we can do a week on their ship.

We weren't going dive during the trip; but decided to do the cruise excursion 2 tank dive. It's what we expected. About a 20 min boat ride. First dive was a wreck and the second dive was a reef dive that was down and back; down and back again. Max dept was 35 feet. it was fun to blow bubbles but most likely would skip it next time or just go with Neal Watson direct (they were the ones who led the excursion). It was the first time I've used rental gear in a while. Definitely missed my own stuff because theirs was well worn.

What port was the dive in?

I’m wondering if it was Cozumel? I was looking doing a Virgin Voyages cruise for us too, a trip around the Caribbean with a morning dive at each port, the only dive excursion available was at Cozumel/ playa del Carmen stop.

Edit - looks like they have added multiple stops with dives. They need a way to search for excursions by activity, it’s a PITA to click on each port and then choose one of the 3 filters, “energetic” to see the dive excursions.
As of today the ports with a dive or two include:
Basseterre
Beach club at Bimini
Cozumel/ Playa Del Carmen
Nassau
Point a Pitre
St Croix

We will be on the Emerald Princess out of LAX that will experience the Solar Eclipse and continue through the Panama Canal to Florida. I setup diving in Huatulco, Mexico and Grand Cayman but Cartagena, Columbia is a challenge. Due to odd port time from 10am to 5pm, there's no normal dive trips available. I found Paraiso Dive that will arrange a private trip for the wife and I, but the cost will be much higher than the normal $135 2tank with gear dive cost per person. Looking for 2+ divers to get the cost down to normal rate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom