• 61-70

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 71-80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 32 years old on paper... 21 years old and still cranking based on how I feel!!!..... (I picked 21 because the novelty of being the legal drinking age has worn off... :eek:ut:)

Just realized that I am 42, but had never written it down. Looks old when I read it, but I still feel 16 (with a few aches in the knees). They gray head and slight increase in girth gives me away.

Here's to 42 more, and then some.

Cheers

Put on a BCD for the first time at 60
SSI AOW, Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Stress & Rescue
DAN O2 First Aid, and regular First Aid at 61
I do Great Lakes wrecks and found my first
artifact last weekend for the Maritime Museum.
Going back to Mexico in the fall.
A really fun hobby even for geezers!

It struck me this morning (really!) that in a couple months I will be 47 and that is almost 50. Ahhhhh!!!!

I remember when I thought that 40 was OLD and that 50 was "one foot in the grave". For me, I started more new sports after 35 than in all the years before that:

Inline Skating
Wakeboarding
Roller Hockey
Scuba Diving
Backpacking
Snow Ski Racing
Jet Skiing

to name a few. I have a shirt that says "Don't Let Fear Keep You From Your Dreams". I say, "to heck with acting my age, I'm gonna have some FUN!".

Wristshot

Wrist shot, I am 53 and have gone through all the same stuff while I lived on the beach. I think its a lifes change type of thing. At 50 I got a wild hair and decided to be a cowboy so I moved to the country and got a horse ranch. Then I bought some horses and broke them of their bad habbits, sold them and the like. Heres the advice, DONT BUY the damned ranch when the urge comes, Never worked so hard in my life. Just finished selling it and I'll be living back at the beach in a couple of weeks.
Bill

I'm 49 and the retirement plan is taking shape: a nipa hut on the beach in the Philippines. Every day it's going to be mangoes, rice, diving, and then watching the geckos on the ceiling at night :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom