When might ditching a dry suit be necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, thank goodness. I was sincerely hoping there was no good reason to do this, but figured I'd gut up and give it a go if necessary. Not a pretty process to consider. Yep, already have loss-of-buoyancy on the menu. :)

Looking forward to getting in the water together... have fun and STAY dry! :wink:

Looking forward to getting in the water together... have fun and STAY dry! :wink:

Oh, okay. :D

I do hope to see you sometime this year; had such a great time the last time around. At least you can see I take this disaster scenario thing quite seriously. :)

I guess EZ-Cut doesn't cut through bikinis?

PS - that girl must have been in that wetsuit for months to end up that pale. I'm just saying...

that girl must have been in that wetsuit for months to end up that pale. I'm just saying...

The suit was a seven mil. Draw a Venn diagram of areas where a seven mil is appropriate, and areas where you don't go to the beach for at least half of the year and thus are quite pale in the spring, and you'll see quite an overlap between the sets. I'm just saying...

Oh, thank goodness. I was sincerely hoping there was no good reason to do this, but figured I'd gut up and give it a go if necessary. Not a pretty process to consider. Yep, already have loss-of-buoyancy on the menu. :)

i guess my never was no good ...should have used bigger letters , il know next time

just an update. Seahorse81 did not flood her suit. She did do some excellent horizontal and neutral doffing and donning of the bc and weights in midwater while in the drysuit though of which I have hd video. Soon as I figure out how to upload a 158 meg file to youtube I'll post it. Or how to convert it to a manageble format I can post here. Still learning this video stuff with the Intova.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

i guess my never was no good ...should have used bigger letters , il know next time

Yours was "never unless" which is not actually never. Us nervous types notice things like that. :) Plus, I know Doppler from seeing him train (very impressive).

This is as good an opportunity as any to ask what exceptions you were thinking of for commercial divers, though. I'd be interested to hear more.

Seahorse81 did not flood her suit.
Because she reached the conclusion that it would be a royal, messy pain sadly lacking in educational value. She does not regret this decision and appreciates the input of all who saved her from herself. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom