Where do you check for weather info on Cozumel? Anyone there now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As usual, thanks Don for your fact based reply. Yes, getting pelted by rain in the early spring day after day is not the most fun. Other people on the boat did not have the extensive outwear I do (my underwear for my drysuit) and they were shivering. It was nice to have you acknowledge that, Don. I make the best of situations that are unavoidable, but no point traveling into a hurricane due to lack of research.
I could never figure out that map, so thanks for deciphering it.
gotta love this thread. I inadvertently asked a same question that was lower on the page which is why I deleted the text.. But I got a lot more information than the other guy!

Jackie let me know if I can help you make sense of any maps or forecasts, but I am no authority. Weather is indeed often a crapshoot with Summer & Fall storms, winter northers/nortes, and spring storms. Adventure travel to be sure. I still go in the middle of hurricane season for my birthday every year, even tho I had to evacuate after 2 days once when I ignored a hurricane forecast thinking surely it'd veer off, which is did - but not until the 11th hour and after I'd left.

Weatherunderground.com is my favorite site, and Dr. Masters blog is usually very informative: http://classic.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1934

Just by trip insurance that covers hurricanes and go girl...! :pilot:

I always go to this site for a marine forecast Cozumel, Mexico Marine Forecastto let me know which days are best to dive. I have found it to be very accurate.You can also get the weather forecast in the main menu.

More helpful information!

I just booked our tickets.. A little surprise for my boyfriend. Have not told him yet.
Now I am just going to think about who to dive with...
Maybe give Aldora a try. Fran, my BF is a new diver and a big boy... Those 120 tanks will give him a better margin of safety. We are on a budget, so I don't know how many days we will actually dive. He had sort of a crazy OW dive last spring- they lost the boat and ended up having a long dive north and almost ended by going onto the beach and thru a hotel. Since then we did a few quiet dives at Chankanaab with his daughter who excelled at discover scuba..

He had sort of a crazy OW dive last spring- they lost the boat and ended up having a long dive north and almost ended by going onto the beach and thru a hotel. Since then we did a few quiet dives at Chankanaab with his daughter who excelled at discover scuba..
Wow, in Coz?! :shocked2:

Weather in COZ...unless it's hurricane season and there is imminent activity in the region.............................."a rainy day in COZ (insert any paradise location) is still way better than a sunny day at work"!

weather.com

Back
Top Bottom