where to buy a compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Last year I moved to Kapuskasing Ontario from Vancouver and do not know very much about the Ontario diving scene.

Is there anywhere in Ontario I could buy a 3.5cfm portable scuba compressor? I know where to buy them over the net. I just want to aviod paying brokerage and shipping if I can drive and pick one up. I go on road trips occasionally and am willing to drive a long ways to get one.

Thanks

dennisgrimm:
Thank you for the reply,

That particular link only lists a couple of dive centres that use Bauer compressors.

Know someone that has purchased a compressor? Where did they get it?

The LDS i work at has an account with Max-Air.we could sell you one iuf you are interested.

Try giving Ed at Compressor systems a call 905 646-2340. They're located in St. Catharines, ON. He sells and services a number of models including the 3.5 cfm you are looking for.

Good Luck!

JB

dennisgrimm:
Hey everyone,

Last year I moved to Kapuskasing Ontario from Vancouver and do not know very much about the Ontario diving scene.

Is there anywhere in Ontario I could buy a 3.5cfm portable scuba compressor? I know where to buy them over the net. I just want to aviod paying brokerage and shipping if I can drive and pick one up. I go on road trips occasionally and am willing to drive a long ways to get one.

Thanks

The Max air compressors are no good and will not last past two years, they use a carbon piston ring set in the third stage that breaks down and releases and odd smell into the air. Be carefull they are garbage.

DSV1

Tom R:
There is a guy in TO that sells rebuilt models, Extreme's/ambeous/dive picton has his number. Fred Harley is the name your looking for.

I have always found Fred's prices to be rather high whereas Ed's prices are very fair and the sevice and advice is first rate.

jmark18:
I have always found Fred's prices to be rather high whereas Ed's prices are very fair and the service and advice is first rate.

I would second that. Ed is a decent guy with excellent advice and fair prices though he can be hard to get a hold of at times.

Jordair has a used Junior for sale but that is out in Vancouver.
http://www.jordair.ca/P__Previously_owned.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom