Where to buy unscented Talcum / Talc powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep it up mister....Keep it up.......

Zing!!!!! Boom!!! To the moon!!!!

In lieu of talc...there's always KY Jelly!!!!

I can see it now....

"Uhhhh....excuse miss.....do you have any KY Jelly in a 5 gallon bucket?"

That previous site I linked above probably DOES have it in their rubber section. :mean:

And lastly Puggles.....as to the "Windy" moniker....

How truly fitting for me. As a youth, when one would "drop a little flatus" we would say "Mom....He made a Windy!!!! and it STINKS!!!!"

Youth OBVIOUSLY imitates adulthood in my case.

I remember reading a quote once, it went something like this:

"A man isn't happy unless he's farting"

Ok, I wrote it, then I read it....but I DID read it....so I can quote it!!!

"Windy beneath my waterwings"

LOL......

Given the current/parallel talc discussion on that OTHER/B] board, would it be safe to assume that the 1# bag and fancy schmancy $1.65 bottle I just ordered will be more than enough for one person????

My campfire-side chat buddies all seem interested in going in on a big jug together....but if you've barely put a dent in yours, it would seem prudent to stick to individual 1# bags (at the most)

Bob, you should start bagging little 2# weight bags with talc in them to use like a rosin bag, throwing them in a little plactic zip lock bag with a label on them and sell them to dive shops for $4.00 each which they can then mark up to $12.99 each!

WK

An old gym sock works OK for the DIY types.
I load 12 fl oz plastic squeeze bottles for the dive shop down the street, print up little labels with their logo on them too. They retail for only $6, the guys like to discount. :wink:
A pound of talc should come up to about 3 quarts. It'll last you a while.

I dive Vikings & Unisuits (neoprene) so I can get away with using silicone, though I much prefer hand lotion.
Don't use those lubes on mere mortal suits.
:mean:

any reason to not use corn starch.
is there better stuff.
i assume the use we are talking is dry suit seals, any other use in diving?

Actually for what its worth one of the divsuit companies I think its OSS does say to use silicone apparently the solvent and cement they recommend for repairs is particularly tolerant of silicone.

Originally posted by Rick Murchison

There's a very good reason to *not* use silicone, particularly around drysuit zippers and seals... the suit material will absorb the silicone and make it difficult if not impossible to replace the seals or zipper - 'cause the glue won't stick to the silicone impregnated material.
Rick

I just received my talk from McMaster.

And if you're thinking of ordering some from them, Bob3 was right. It's a whole lotta talc.

And you'll pee yourself when you see how much comes to your door.

I could probably jump in the thing and talc myself up before I get in my dry suit.

Won't need any for a while though. Neither will my Great Grand children. And I don't even have kids yet.

Just to mention another source fer talc: check any outdoor shop or climbing place that sells climbing gear. They should have chalk in plastic bottles or bags to refill the chalk balls used to dry sweaty hands.:eek:ut:

Anyone know of a website where I can order unscented talc? For some reason I can't seem to find it in any of my local drug stores, or big chain drug stores.

And someone on here said that baby powder is a no-no? I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom