Where to dive late July/August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belize is pretty much ideal for diving all year long but the best months are February to May according to the locals in terms of water clarity (I hope this info doesn't dampen your Belize plans). We went there a couples of years ago between late March and early April even though I had to skip work, but it's all worth it. In terms of the weather, you just have to be on the lookout for hurricanes so stay updated by checking out weather forecasts because weather conditions have become so unpredictable the past years.

I can recommend Curacao and Bonaire for great diving in the middle of the summer. They are below the hurricane belt and seldom have rain in the summer. I have been to both several times in July and August and have never had trouble with storms or airline connections. I am headed to Curacao in mid-July and am expecting another great trip. I stay in Wespunt and dive with Go West, form boats and the shore.

Back
Top Bottom