Where to Stay in Cozumel - Help - First Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vvitola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I am planning a trip to Cozumel on November, this will be my first time there.
I would love to have some advise on where to stay.

I would like a beachfront hotel, where we just rest on the beach de days that we will not dive or during the afternoons, if we could do kayaking would be great! Since my dive buddy has back problems, probably won´t be diving everyday. We also would like to be nearby a Dive Operation. We have no problem taking a cab to have diner at night. But don´t want a big all inclusive resort.

Also If you could recommend a good Diving operation that handles small groups but a comfortable boat since my partner has back problems.

Wanting to be beachfront and non-AI really limits your choices.

Blue Angel Resort would be my choice.

On-site dive operator is OK, but most all the dive operators in Cozumel will pick up from this hotel dock. Personal favorite dive operator is Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico

Other dive operators I'd consider are, in no particular order:

Scuba Tony Dive Instruction, Cozumel Mexico
Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison
Living Underwater offers a personalized, fun and safe Cozumel diving experience!
Liquid Blue Divers Welcomes You

Living Underwater has cushions to sit on, which I really appreciated when I had back problems. I don't know about others. You might think thier big steel tanks would be difficult to manage with an iffy back, but the crew will assist you to the edge of the boat so you don't lift at all, and you take off your BCD in the water before getting back on the boat.

And FWIW, I'd say the on-site op at Blue Angel is better than "OK".

Wanting to be beachfront and non-AI really limits your choices.

Blue Angel Resort would be my choice.

Mine, too. BA has a couple of kayaks for use for free by their guests. Their on-site op (same name) is excellent and among the most economical on the island.

The hotels within a few miles south of town are all on ironshore, so they won't have actual beaches, but all of them have nice lounging areas overlooking the water.

Blue Angel is a nice small local place. Not far from town and very mellow. They don't have a beach there but the pool area is nice and peaceful. It is also one of the closest to town. You might consider Fiesta Americana as well. Bigger and a bit farther from town but I hear there are some great deals there.

we are all different. i like to stay in town and be with the islanders. i also have bad back and use big tanks at aldora. no problem. i take a cheap walmart seat cushion for the bumby ride.

We've stayed at Fiesta Americana the last few trips. The rooms are comfy, the water out of the faucet is filtered, they have 2 pools and palapas on the waterfront great for napping after the morning dives. Not sure about where to find the kayaking, but we would see a small group of kayakers pass by and return pretty much every day, so I know they have kayaking in the area.

As for dive ops, Scuba with Alison picks up from FA (almost anyone will) and she has a very comfortable converted fishing boat. All the benches are cushioned.

If you want on the water, closer to town, and more cozy, Blue Angel is a nice place as well.

Hi, We stayed at Presidente. Everything about this hotel is spectacular! The rooms are wonderful -- overlooking the ocean with fantastic views of sunrise and sunset. The housekeeping staff was amazing. The service throughout the hotel is top of the line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom