Which computers should I get ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nns91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking to get my first dive computer. I have no definite preference. Can you guys suggest me some good and reliable computers to look at ? I don't have any price limit for now.

One computer I am looking at is the Oceanic OC1. How good is this one ?

I would suggest the Suunto Geko or Zoop. The smaller ones are very reliale, do almost everything a recreational diver would need, they are cheap, have a download facility so you can bore all your non diving friends with profiles and stats.
If money is not an option then the Galileo Luna will do EVERYTHING you will ever need including a fantastic compass (that actually works). But thats just my preferance.
The choice should be what suits you and your needs. Don't buy something because everyone tells you to. Listen to thier advice and make your own choice.
Good luck.

Yeah, thanks for your advice. So in your opinion, what criteria should I consider when choosing a computer ?

First computer-

Simple, easy to read display

Easy to operate. (Generally the more buttons, the easier to operate) Ive got the Suunto Vyper and with 4 buttons its easy to change the display while diving.
You can download the manuals and get an idea of how easy they are to operate

consider future diving needs like nitrox ect

I am looking to get my first dive computer. I have no definite preference. Can you guys suggest me some good and reliable computers to look at ? I don't have any price limit for now.

You want to get a Computer that will let you grow into it. Eventually you are probably going to be doing more Advanced diving. I made the same mistake with a plane jane, and have replaced it 3times:shakehead: If $ is not a criteria look at the more Advanced models. Shearwater predator, Vr3, Cochran the list goes on. Best of Luck:D

It's a good computer. Kind of small though. For the same money I would opt for the Liquidvision X1.

Liquivision

The Suunto Vytec DS would also be a good choice. Has gauge mode for tec diving and is air integrated which I like for rec diving...

Suunto - Suunto Vytec DS

You also have the Suunto Vyper2, it´s a good computer. Big enough display which is easy to read.

And you have the Uwatec Aladin tec2g, which also is a great computer. The display is a bit smaller, but still easy to read.

I find these two computers really great, and easy to operate.

Is the wireless transmitter a feature worth getting ? Is the data transmitted wirelessly reliable ?

Back
Top Bottom