Which computers should I get ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I'm not mistaken the Vytec DS was discontinued in the U.S last year. I got one last year and had really hard time finding a dive shop that had one. The plus side was becuase it's a discountinued model I got a great deal on it with full warranty. I do love it as a wrist computer and although I know wireless is not DIR I find it great when I'm taking pictures, holding a flashlight etc to be able to know depth, time, no deco time and tank pressure just by turning my wrist a little bit instead of unclipping my backup with full hands.

I do not believe it is discontinued. I am an avid hunter so the wireless component is also a great benefit. When you have multiple things to deal with as you indicate it's nice to glance at my forearm for information. Nevertheless, I still utilize an SPG for back-up and occasional cross-check.

Although trimix certified I also like the RB calculation for all the reasons mentioned above.

Do you have many connectivity issues with the unit?

The Vytec is not showing up on Aqualung's website for the U.S. Leisurepro still has them listed (no I'm not trying to start online vs local argument just giving options) I have had no issues with connectivity at all. I do carry a backup clipped to my side D-ring but I have not had to use it yet.

As I said before though call around because it is discontinued the pricing restrictions from aqualung are lifted so the diveshops can make a great deal if you can find it. I got mine from a place in CA.

A forgot to add whichever you get I would highly recomend a DSS mount for it if you go wrist mounted.

The Luna is a very good tec-comp. I bought mine with all the latest software installed for free, but if not you get a card with a pass-code on it so you can download the latest software for free from thier website.

Is it true that I cannot buy Galileo Luna with full warranty online like other Scubapro products ?

I live in Vietnam but I go to college in upstate New York ( Schenectady, NY to be exact).

I agree on if money is not a factor, go with the Galileo Luna! I know someone who dives with the Galileo and it is a top notch computer. I am still diving with the older Uwatec Air Z ... the only con is once the contacts are wet, you have to completely dry them off on the surface to go to dive log or planning.

The Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus is also a great computer - easy to read and operate and Nitrox compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom