Which Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSea, I'm pretty sure, looking at the pic on pg. 3, that I'd have to cut the shoulder strap to use that one. (It looks "standard" type...)
mattboy, Thanks for the cool link. I didn't see any 2" quick releases there (unless I missed them, though I looked twice...). I'll email 'em and ask.
Great to finally find a supplier though. Thank You. All the LDS shops (even the tech one) I'd asked didn't know of any. :-(

For those that asked for my final decision, here it is.

I'm getting a DSS Pro Harness with the oxycheq Mach V wing.

On another note, I'm going to make a harness like the Hog harness with a quick disconnect on the right side. The webbing will still be intact, so if the quick disconnect fails, it will only allow for an addition few inches of slack. Basically I'm going to have the disconnect sewn into the webbing with 3 or 4 inches separating the male & female part of the quick disconnect.

I'm sure this will upset some of the DIR purist, but I'm over 50, and it's about comfort for me.

BSea:
For those that asked for my final decision, here it is.

I'm getting a DSS Pro Harness with the oxycheq Mach V wing.

On another note, I'm going to make a harness like the Hog harness with a quick disconnect on the right side. The webbing will still be intact, so if the quick disconnect fails, it will only allow for an addition few inches of slack. Basically I'm going to have the disconnect sewn into the webbing with 3 or 4 inches separating the male & female part of the quick disconnect.

I'm sure this will upset some of the DIR purist, but I'm over 50, and it's about comfort for me.

That is exactly what I did with my Pro harness, except that I kept both of the quick disconnects. I love the hardware of the Pro harness especially the poly points but did not care for the soft webbing. I also replaced the quick disconnect in front with a regular buckle.

I have the Hammerhead plate and their hog harness. It is a good set up. The webbing is a bit stiff but softens with use. It is very easy to get in and out of. I actually prefer it a little stiff. The softer webbing is harder to get into in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom