which model conshelf is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finflipper49

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, there was a conshelf 2nd stage ( metal) reg. on e-bay and the purge button says Aqualung conshelf. It looks like a 14, 12, etc. I noticed other conshelfs that say which model ie; calypso, aquarios, 14 . Just wondering which one this could be. Thanks for any input.

An Aquarius or Calypso are not a Conshelf. The second stages are essentially the same but the first stages are different, Aquarius unbalanced and the Calypso was a balanced flow through piston type, the Conshelf is a balanced diaphragm first stage. The early Calypso and Conshelf had a screw on exhaust tee with a much smaller diameter valve and the cover box had two slits by the purge. The later hub cap style from the mid 70s on had the snap on exhaust tee and the large exhaust valve with the plenum. I think it was the early 80s when the neoprene diaphragm and exhaust were replaced with silicone parts that resulted in a good decrease in breathing work. Later there were nylon bearings on the lever that made operation a bit smoother.

N

My previous post (which model conshelf is it? ) said on the purge button Aqualung conshelf. Mistake: it says (Aqualung- U.S. Divers) if this makes any difference. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom