Which wrist do you wear your computer(s)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I know when it comes to tec training, most instructors will have you put your computers in gauge mode...etc which is fine but which wrist do you all wear them on? Currently im running a Perdix and a GEO 2.0 on left hand and a wrist mount compass on right hand. I have seen mixed trains of thought on which arms to put these on so really appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks.

I run a petrel on each wrist. when I used to run a single wrist mount it was on my left wrist.

Primary computer on the left, backup computer and compass on the right. I nearly exclusively control my buoyancy with my butt dump, happens to be on the right

Computer on the right, because buoyancy adjustments and primary light, if present, are on the left.

Computers are on my left wrist for a very practical reason. My left contact is for near vision and my right is for distance. So it's just easier to read my computer on my left wrist

I normally wear my watch on my left side however my nephew was screamed at in his OW class for wearing his on the left side and his instructor was adamant that that was wrong it must be on the right.

Screaming at an OW student ... for any reason ... is a sign of an incompetent instructor. If you can't articulate a good reason why someone should do something, you should not be telling them to do it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Primary on the right, secondary on the left. Left can have a lot of stuff going on (light, stage, etc). It's also easier to see the depth out of the corner of my eye on a Petrel if it's on the right since depth is on the top left edge of the screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom