Which wrist do you wear your computer(s)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had 2 computers fail before on the same dive. I have the worst luck ever. You can't just shoot a bag where I dive :)

That is bad luck. Remind me not to dive with you.

J/K

Any reason to have all that on your wrist rather than in a pocket out of the way or do you lose pockets too?

That is bad luck. Remind me not to dive with you.

J/K

Any reason to have all that on your wrist rather than in a pocket out of the way or do you lose pockets too?

Dude I wouldn't dive with me either. Lol

The stuff on my wrist is because it's annoying to reach into my pocket in sidemount with more than 2 tanks mounted.

Fair enough I'd dive with you @Reku just to watch Murphy take the wheel.

I was thinking about one of the diverite strap on thigh pockets might worth on my bottom gas tank and hold hoses in place and give me a place for things needed during Sudden High Intensity Training "opportunities".

On my two petrels I have the customizable display spots configured to give me info so I don't have to hit any buttons. Do anyone do this also?

I normally wear my watch on my left side however my nephew was screamed at in his OW class for wearing his on the left side and his instructor was adamant that that was wrong it must be on the right.
Ask the instructor to show you the Training Standard recognized by his Training Agency that states which wrist to wear your computer on! Is this the same instructor you had other issues with?

I really dislike the Adolf Hitler approach to dive instruction.

baby-hitler2.jpg

As a "Best Practice" I like to wear my computer on my right wrist. This allows me to watch my computer and still have my left had free to operate my inflator hose. For redundancy I were a bottom timer/depth gauge on my left along with my compass.

I normally wear my watch on my left side however my nephew was screamed at in his OW class for wearing his on the left side and his instructor was adamant that that was wrong it must be on the right.

Wow ................ who cares what arm it's on at that point. OW is about learning the basics while attempting to have fun. Remind me to never send anyone to that instructor.

I should go sign up for their OW class and put my watch on my ankle and bend my leg up and look down at it underwater when I want to see how long I've been under. Lets see how they like that.

jeez.

Right wrist. Left hand is main hand for buoyancy control and light.

I am with the computer on the right crew. The left had is for things I can ignore while adjusting buoyancy.

I tried a dive with it on my left once. Hated it.

Light and Compass on left and computer on right. :)

Ask the instructor to show you the Training Standard recognized by his Training Agency that states which wrist to wear your computer on! Is this the same instructor you had other issues with?

Unfortunately "standards" is a very loose and interesting thing here in New Mexico. It has been 2 different shops and 2 different agencies. But both make the rules since they seem to think they are the only game in town.

That wasn't the only comedy that happened in what my sister termed the class from hell. She really should create a thread of her own. The good news is my nephew and his dad eventually passed the course and are now OW certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom