Which wrist do you wear your computer(s)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it was really so important everyone console computer would be on the right so you could hold it with your right hand rather than dangling somewhere on the left side dragging coral.

I doubt anyone diving with their console dangling and dragging in the coral has even considered where to wear their computer.

But to your point, I have a backup in my console. When it was my primary, I had to switch between it and the inflator and that was a pain. I could pull it across my chest and hold it with my right hand but then it was a little low and I would have to look down and up.

Computer on my right wrist has been much more convenient.

Thanks all for your responses. Sounds like I have some thinking to do. I think what I will start doing is wearing my backup computer on my left (this is a smaller computer being it is a GEO 2.0) along with my wrist slate. I will wear my Perdix on my right wrist and maybe a wrist compass, although I might store a compass else where since the perdix has a digital compass which seems to work wonderfully right now.

Unless navigation is essential to the dives completion or mission for example you must navigate back through the shipping channel then under the harbor to the exit I dont even mess with a backup compass.

I figure if my compass in the petrel dies during the dive I will either natural navigate back close to the boat or pop up and look around. If it dies during deco I will do my best to stay on course and when deco is finished I will have my look around them.

I purchased a $4 compass that slips onto my old GEO wristband.

Attachments

• com033_7982.jpg
    com033_7982.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 35
I grabbed that picture online. I went to the local Walmart in the camping section and found a little water filled compass that looks exactly like that. It is handy for when your primary failed or you just need a good heading to return to shore/boat.

EDIT: Amazon has a better selection. It fit the stock GEO 2.0 wristbands that came with mine.

Amazon.com: watch band compass

Last edited:
What a wonderfully entertaining thread.

What a wonderfully entertaining thread.
not sure if this is sarcasm or if you mean it but I find it very informative to hear other's experiences with regard to placement of certain items such as computers.

Primary goes on my left wrist since I operate my camera with my right hand. Backup computers are in my BCD pocket.

Last dive trip I learned that I should actually check my backups before every dive and not just once a day. One of my backups went ERR mode mid week. I am not sure how many dives I took it on after ERR mode. It went into the repairs bin and I added in a fresh backup (that I ignored for a day to let it catch up).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom