Who has the best wreck diving in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the answer is Grenada. One wreck, but its an ocean liner, Biana C.

As for anywhere, I can only vote based on what I've done so I vote Great Lakes.

WW

Norway has been the best wreck diving I have done. These sites are massive and there are many chances of penetration. Plenty of wrecks that sit on their stern at 70m with their bows at around 10m. Virtually untouched, I found plates boots and a hold full of wine (unopened) and cheese (worth avoiding it wasn't very nice). Vis was suburb. Favorite was the Ferndale and Parrat - The Ferndale was a German shipsank by the British (I think) and the Parrat was a German tug that was trying the salvage the former and was sank by the British in the process. The Ferndale sits bow at 10m and stern at 45m the Parrat sits immediately below and went beyond any depths I've ever dived to. It's wheel house roof was at 55m. You can see the Parratt from 30m or so when it starts to come into view underneath the Ferndale. worth diving if your over that way

come on... who can say anything else but the Great Lakes
I mean clear vis, nice warm waters, fish as far as the eye can see...he he he :bonk:

Great Lakes all the way. but if u go, you should go to Tobermory Onterio, great diving in Lake Huron. Water is pretty clear, kinda cold tho. but hey, its really great diving. there are something like 25 wrecks within like 10 miles of eachother. Some wrecks are penitrable, some arnt but still really good wreck diving.

Australia has quite a few reasonable wrecks these days, probably not the worlds best but worth a look at if your coming down to see the great barrier reef.

Down at the south east tip in Melbourne where I live there is a few WW1 era J class submarines worth seeing, as well as a ships graveyard that has a few interesting vessels, I actually haven't dived any of these yet myself, I'm hoping to get down on one of the J class subs this Sunday, I tried a month ago but the stupid weather stopped the dive :upset:

The government has also sunk a 130 metre destroyer (HMAS Hobart) a Vietnam era warship of the south coast just over a year ago, it was sunk specifically for scuba diving in mind and so its completly intact in 30 metres of water sitting upright and stripped of all hazards like internal cabling etc. It's meant to be a great dive.

http://www.dive-southaustralia.com/index.html

I'm thinking of heading there around easter for a budget holiday. Norways diving sounds amazing I hope I can make it there one day and see the wrecks in the condition there in right now. :)

Hello all,

I just returned from Truk Lagoon.... 1/12/03

I would like to post this spot !

I was able to dive 26 different wrecks in 8 days all wonderful Japanese W II wrecks.

The Liveboard SS. Thorfinn was a great place to home base from.

Most of the wrecks were between 100' to 180' in 84 degree
water !!

Great Wrecks

regards all:)

There are about 40 notable wrecks in Bermuda. Most got really trashed when they hit the fringing reefs, but most are interesting dives.

17 responses and only 2 tried to answer the question.

Of course, the Great Lakes, NC, Truk, Bikini and Bermuda have great wrecks, but they are not in the Caribbean.

Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom