Who has the best wreck diving in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived on:
Chickasaw in Panama City
Cardanza in St. Thomas
HV ALT Puppy in St. Marteen
Superior Producer in Curocao
Old Verde' in Grand Cayman
Theo's Wreck in Grand Bahama
Pedarnales in Aruba
Antilles in Aruba
Navy Barges in St. Thomas
Sea Hawk, Bahama Mama and Sea Viking in Nassau

All were different, but very exciting. You all are probably aware that the Pedarnales in Aruba was an oil tanker sank by Germans who thought it was Aruba refineries. The people on the island turned off all lights and oil tanker put on all lights. It saved the town and the refinery. I went with Red Sail Sports, and they are very good.

Of course the most "alive" reef I have ever seen was in Dominica with Nature Island Dive Center.

Sandy

Aruba probably has the most and also the most intact wrecks...... Other islands may have one or two really good wrecks, but Aruba has many, at various depths to suit your skills

SS

I don't know if this would be considered the best for wreck diving but,
Cayman Brac has a Russian destroyer wreck which is pretty good. Also
they usually make a trip over to Little Cayman which has an excellent
wall dive so you could mix it up.

Diver Tom

Firediver:
Off the coast of Halifax has over 5000 wrecks.

Last time I checked the ol' world atlas, Halifax wasn't in the Caribbean.

Regardless, that's a whole lotta wrecks!

CheeseWhiz:
....there are those who say Aruba has the best wrecks in the Caribbean. I've been on a couple of them, and have no complaints, but I've not dived many other places in the Caribbean, so I've got nothing to compare it to.

Hi CheesWhiz!

I am going to Aruba on March 6th thru the 13th. I will be diving with a group of four and would like to know more about your wreck dives in Aruba. I love diving wrecks and would like to dive some that week. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :scubadive

Hi Frog, don't miss the Jane C or the Antilla wrecks. They're the best IMO. I was there in dec03. If you want to know anything specific just ask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom