Who has the best wreck diving in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

West coast Canada also has quite a few juicy wrecks to offer
HMCS Chaudiere 300+ foot destroyer... in 90-120 fsw. And they are sinking a 737 this spring for us to dive on :) Vancouver Island has at least 5 that are famous and countless more. Some are in pretty serious current, vis conditions.

Grenada definetely in the Caribbean - cruise liner Bianca C, freighters, sailboats, fishing vessels, cars more than 14 places to dive wrecks all within 30 minutes max. boat ride

I have never done Aruba, so I can't compare, but the BVI has a pretty decent array of wrecks as against anywhere else in the Caribbean. Rhone, Chikuzen, VG-2526 (the "airplane wreck" at Coral Gardens), the four wrecks in Wreck Alley, the Inganess Bay, the Fearless...

If you do manage to do them all, you can nip next door to the USVI and visit the WIT Shoal, the WIT Concrete, the Miss Opportunity...

I have to say Great Lakes especially the north shore of Lake Superior. It is cold water diving, but the wrecks are totally intact. I dove one that was a wooden sailing schooner. It was built in 1869, sank in 1896, I dove in in 2006, and the paint is still on the oak deck. Try to duplicate that in any saltwater. The vis on north shore is about 100 ft. The water is so clean and cold and pristine that the shipwrecks are like totally moth-balled, totally preserved. Try diving the "American" off Isle Royale. The exposed pistons in the steam engine... I am 6 ft tall and when I spread eagled on the top of the piston I could not touch the sides.. HUGE pistons. Or dive the Madiera, near Split Rock Lighthouse, near Two harbors, Minnesota ... 430 ft steel hull, sank in 1905 in 35 foot waves (on a lake) and the bow is pointing up. When you approach it it looks like a cathedral. Tip of the bow only 40 ft deep, stearn about 110 ft. Spectacular vis.

Grenada definetely in the Caribbean - cruise liner Bianca C, freighters, sailboats, fishing vessels, cars more than 14 places to dive wrecks all within 30 minutes max. boat ride

Holy five year thread resurection Batman :wink:

I have to say Great Lakes especially the north shore of Lake Superior.

Pay attention to the question being asked:
Who has the best wreck diving in the Caribbean??

And still nobody knows where the heck the Caribbean is....!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom