Who is concerned about OW diver training?

Please choose both your cert level AND your level of participation on ScubaBoard.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if I would pick "I don't bother readin at all" then should I have even posted this post? :sprint:

I often participate. I sometimes just read. Sometimes I don't bother to read. Other things in my life are much more important than ScubaBoard. If things are slow for a few minutes, I join in.

It's multiple choice, so you can choose both your cert level and your participation level.

So Teach, about whom were you speaking? :lol:

Poorly worded question.
Please make one choice on cert level and participation

It's multiple choice, so you can choose both your cert level and your participation level.

I made one choice, clicked submit and immediately realized I made the same mistake as others.
I only declared experience level.
When I answered there were 23 cert levels but only 10 participation answers.
So I'm with the majority. :wink:

Could have been clearer, "one choice on each of cert level and participation" or "one choice on cert level AND one choice on participation".

But just by writing this, I participate. QED.

I learn a lot from those discussions, as long as they stay on topic and don't degenerate into personal attacks. :eek:hbrother:

When one doesn't know that one is "missing something" in their training, some of these discussions help one understand on what they should work.

As a noob, I had a book, and the instructor covered everything in the book. He demonstrated the skills, walked us through them, and we demonstrated we could execute them.

But mastery . . . I don't know that I would call what we did "mastery" of the skill. I have only a military background against which to compare. In basic training, we train soliders to a standard -- (sorry, BoulderJohn) -- a minimum standard. The soldiers must be able to fire their weapon to qualification standard, to execute physical fitness to a minimum standard, etc.

Once out of basic, the leaders continually train the soldiers to maintain the standard and to improve the solder where they might. The soldier must execute to the standard continuously . . . might we call that mastery? Or is it the soldier that executes to the maximum the one that has mastery?

I have a personal interest in performing to my best, and view my certification as a "license to practice". Others are happy with "I got it, don't need to revisit." Who am I to say the others' opinions are wrong? :idk:

Poorly worded question.

I made one choice, clicked submit and immediately realized I made the same mistake as others.
I only declared experience level.
When I answered there were 23 cert levels but only 10 participation answers.
So I'm with the majority. :wink:

Could have been clearer, "one choice on each of cert level and participation" or "one choice on cert level AND one choice on participation".

But just by writing this, I participate. QED.

Yeah, my bad. I was trying to preview the poll before actually posting it to make sure it read like I wanted and I posted it instead. I made some revisions, hopefully that will clear it up for other respondents.

How about this?: Please choose your certification level and your level of participation on ScubaBoard.

How about this?: Please choose your certification level and your level of participation on ScubaBoard.

Hey! Start your own poll!

:D

Need a box for Divemaster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom