Who is concerned about OW diver training?

Please choose both your cert level AND your level of participation on ScubaBoard.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So when someone tries to say that starting tech courses a rec diver realizes that their prior training was 'inadequate' is using a standard that is improperly applied.

I never said that. You're reading your own interpretation into my words.

I never said that. You're reading your own interpretation into my words.

I understand (and said that I understood) your point was specifically not that wording. But I dislike that wording because it is easily read as saying something other than what is intended.

I understand (and said that I understood) your point was specifically not that wording. But I dislike that wording because it is easily read as saying something other than what is intended.

Only if you want to read it that way. :)

Only if you want to read it that way. :)

Which suggests you get my point, mission accomplished, here's an evil bunny:

:evilbunny:

How is your point taken (and your "mission accomplished" as you put it) by Cave Diver or anyone else who might have read that exchange, just because he suggested that you incorrectly interpreted something he said and you acknowledged that you did exactly that? Because he wrote something that might be misunderstood by someone if they didn't read his words carefully? I mean, I know he used some rather large multisyllabic words there but I'm not seeing any ambiguity.

Nope. It suggests you misinterpreted. Here's a dancing banana :banana:

Nope. It suggests you misinterpreted. Here's a dancing banana :banana:

I dislike your dancing banana because it implies that certain types of fruit may have humanlike appendages and may actually use them with more rhythm and grace than people do.

I dislike your dancing banana because it implies that certain types of fruit may have humanlike appendages and may actually use them with more rhythm and grace than people do.

Why do you have to bring race and and sexual identity into the discussion?

Just illustrating how anything can be turned into an argument here on scubaboard.

:shocked2:

PeanutButterJellyTime_3.gif

How is your point taken (and your "mission accomplished" as you put it) by Cave Diver or anyone else who might have read that exchange, just because he suggested that you incorrectly interpreted something he said and you acknowledged that you did exactly that? Because he wrote something that might be misunderstood by someone if they didn't read his words carefully? I mean, I know he used some rather large multisyllabic words there but I'm not seeing any ambiguity.

From what I took away, I expressed that I disliked the wording he used because of the ability to confound a person discovering how much more they have to learn compared to what they already know with what they already know being lacking for the way that person is currently diving and not how they are trying to dive in the future.

He noted, as far as I could tell, that he is aware of that but didn't intend it that way.

Since all I was trying to do was express why the phrasing used was irksome to me because of how it could be read, and he acknowledged that it can be read that way, then that's all I was trying to do.

I don't have a need to convert someone to my point of view to consider a conversation of value.

And while I recognize the importance of a dancing banana, I believe the conversation is not complete until once considers the dancing chicken.

:chicken:

Back
Top Bottom