Who knows Apeks stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bro just a quick one on apeks. Do you use dst or the fsr? My country apeks technician always recommend the fsr because he said the dst version seat is fixed to 1st stage. Cant be remove if corrosion sets in.

I use the FSR and DS4s. Corrosion isn't so much the issue with the non removable crown it's if someone gets sloppy servicing and scratches it. It is possible in some cases to repair a scratched crown if it isn't too deep apparently but I've never needed to find out. The reality is although the removable crown could save you a first stage body, as long as the tech is careful it shouldn't be necessary. I fitted the 5th port to my FSR as I use a long hose and it routes better using the 5th port.

Thanks bro once again for your valuable information.

Have a good weekend.

Dive safe.

Corrosion is not an issue if you look after it properly. Mine 18yrs old DS4 is a good example. However, if corrosion does set in on the crown seat(1st stage) then it is another story. I am fighting a losing battle on my DST which I use it as deco reg at 6m(100% O2).
The ARCAP should be standard on ALL Apeks regs.

Back
Top Bottom