Who's on Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I have just booked our trip to the FA in June, we'll be there June 18-22 so that should give us a few days of great diving! We're actually going to be finishing our O/W dives 3 and 4 on our first day. We had tried to do our checkout dives while on a cruise in March, but the ship couldn't get into Grand Cayman, so we were sunk!

We did O/W 1 & 2 in Cozumel and loved the place, so we're heading back to finish and get some more experience!

Looking forward to it... Only a month to go!

Andrew

Hotel cozumel doesn't have much in the way of shore dives. I stayed there twice sofar and all they have is three small piles of rock out front that they put there, otherwise its just flat bottom. Now the hotel is nice and close to town.

Moodiejeff:
I'm looking to average anywere between 2-4 tanks a day (including shore dives) so if Christi gives the go-ahead we're in for as many tanks as you guys can handle.

This sounds good. We've never been to Coz before. We stayed in town so we could eat the good food. But I hear the POD people show up in the afternoon and I will want to escape. Might as well go diving. I'll PM you as we get closer and hopefully we can set up with Christi in advance.

I'm going with my 18 year old son that week. 2nd time at Caribe Blu (last trip was January with the daughter and we LOVED it.) Gonna dive with Blue Angel again which is the on-site operation. Life just doesn't get any better, or easier. I'm just hoping we get flat seas like in those photos in that May report! Too many whitecaps the last time. I'll be wearing a stylish strand of "Do Not Cross" tape for easy ID. Can't wait for that cup of coffee, huevos and the smell of neoprene on the first morning.

Christi:
Hey Jeff,

Why don't you be the first Scubaboarder to try the new Cozumel Palace :wink: so you can tell us all about it :)
Y'know I probably would but I don't want to stay at an AI. You know how much Mia and I love to hit all the restaurants in town.

They don't happen to have a european plan do they?

My Wife and I are gonna be in Cozumel (for the first time) from June 13-20 and we are diving with Christi (Blue XTSea) every day and a couple nights :) I can't wait!

-Chris

CALI68:
My Wife and I are gonna be in Cozumel (for the first time) from June 13-20 and we are diving with Christi (Blue XTSea) every day and a couple nights :) I can't wait!

-Chris
We'll wave to you at the airport... Have fun!

You won't be disappointed in the Presidente. Definitely do a few shore dives if you can.

CALI68:

-Chris

I might get to dive with you. We might be on different boats. :wink: If I do... I'd sure like to hear about that 80ft viz at Pt lobos. Where did you decide to stay for your first time?

gdenny:
I might get to dive with you. We might be on different boats. :wink: If I do... I'd sure like to hear about that 80ft viz at Pt lobos. Where did you decide to stay for your first time?

We are staying at The Presidente in a "Deluxe Ocean Front Room". I'm not sure what that means exactally but it was between that and a "Reef Deluxe" I basically wanted something ground level on the beach so the Guy steered me into a Ocean Front set up. Are those cool?

BTW The 80' vis that I have mentioned in my personal profile is in regards to Lobos Rocks (20 minutes south of Pt. Lobos) and that is truly one of the greatest dive spots in Monterey. Not only did we have 80' vis, huge canyons, walls, kelp forests and life on every square inch but there were about 200 wild and crazy Sea Lions coming at us from everywhere and with that the ever present thought (fear) of where the "landloard' was (he/she had to be close). It amazing watching those HUGE Sea Lions moving effortlessly with such grace and precision. Max depth is 120

I have also dove Point Lobos with amazing vis as well (many times actually). The outer Pinnacles can get to 100' but VERY rarely. It's not uncommon to dive outside the cove with 50+ vis.

Sorry for the half hijack but I thought it would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom