Who's using 100% O2 for deco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once you get to a real world execution 80% or 100% are not much different from each other.
Once you get to real world execution you'll realize why 80% never really has to be an option in the first place.

Consequently, though I marginally prefer 100%, I'll go with whatever is most convenient at the time to get me the closest to a full tank.

I plan ahead of time to make sure that the best gasses are "convenient".

Once you get to real world execution you'll realize why 80% never really has to be an option in the first place....//....

"Real world" has everything to do with sub-optimal, making the best with what you have. At least my real world does. Like stealing a few hundred psi from my 100% deco cylinder to get another dive in my 200's with a trans-fill whip. See pix. Real world is: do I next want to top off my deco cylinder with air or is there enough 100% in there? Decisions, decisions...
View attachment 101303

Brian, I guess you and I live in different realities. How's your unicorn doing? :D

It's typically what I use [shortest deco time to determine optimal deco]

That's rather un-DIR of you... do you also set the conservatism on Decoplanner to 0?

James,

Your inbox is full.....can't receive any PM's.

Could be. I approached him after his presentation with my question and he may have been overly generalizing. I will send the question to DAN today and see if I get a response. I'll let you know if I do, and what they say.

Here is DAN's reply:

“…the point he was making was that if a diver experiences repeated symptoms in the same area then other potential causes need to be explored. If you are frequently experiencing the same symptoms following technical dives it is important to be evaluated as soon as possible by hyperbaric physicians to determine if the symptoms are indeed related to decompression illness. That is the most critical first step. In general there is no evidence that scar tissue is more prone to injury than other areas…”...

No one has told him, 'diving is fun'.:D
Diving is fun if you dive to have fun. If you dive for other reasons it is sometimes fun and sometimes not. George dove for other reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom