• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I saw a DSS that Sea Nmf bought and wonder about the bare plates....do you have a storage envelope behind the plate?

Hi Catherine,

By "bare plate" do mean without a pad or pocket? If so we do offer a plate pad, 3mm neoprene.

Most use our plates without any pad or pocket. The very flat profile of our plates don't leave much room for storage between the diver and the plate anyway. That's the tradeoff for a flatter plate and lower overall profile.

Tobin

I've used a DSS backplate and wing for a little over six months. Previous to this I used a Balance vest-type BC. DSS's backplate and wing are well designed. Non-ditchable weight plates are also available for their backplate, and this has helped me to reduce the overall weight total of my weight belt. It also helps to resolve some trim issues I've had while diving.
In addition to this, I have a somewhat unique reason why I like DSS's product: I'm 6'9" tall, and the DSS configuration is the only one I'm aware of that offers a backplate that actually fits someone my height! If you're a tall Scuba diver like me, you'll want to check this out.

cool_hardware52:
Hi Catherine,

By "bare plate" do mean without a pad or pocket? If so we do offer a plate pad, 3mm neoprene.

Most use our plates without any pad or pocket. The very flat profile of our plates don't leave much room for storage between the diver and the plate anyway. That's the tradeoff for a flatter plate and lower overall profile.

Tobin

oh...thanks. So where are the DIR people putting the furled SMB?

Who manufacturers your inflater?

Stephen Ash:
I 'believe' that in the real world DiveRite is the biggest seller followed by OMS. Halcyon is next. Oxycheq may pass Halcyon in total sales very soon (if they haven't already) and will probably catch OMS in the not too distant future.

Splitlip:
Dead nuts on here in my part of the world (southeast Fl.)

Stephen may well be correct, I really don't know, and ultimately who sells the most has little impact on what I do. My goal is to make the best gear I can, that may not be compatible with selling the most gear.

I do know that OMS, Halcyon and DR have CE approval. Without such dealer sales in Europe are impossible. Europe is a significant market.

Tobin

There is no BCD on earth that is stronger than Golem Gear. It is virtually unbreakable, quick to dry, and easy as peas. Please add to the poll.

-V

Vayu:
There is no BCD on earth that is stronger than Golem Gear. It is virtually unbreakable, quick to dry, and easy as peas. Please add to the poll.

-V

Do SS plates really break? With great confidence I can take my girlfriends no-name Taiwan built plate bought last night and run it over with my car, bang it as hard as I can over and over againt a cement wall and still go diving with it.

If you have only diven with a weight intergraided BCD. witch I like way would you change to a BK/W?

Vayu:

-V

shellbackdiver1:
Do SS plates really break? With great confidence I can take my girlfriends no-name Taiwan built plate bought last night and run it over with my car, bang it as hard as I can over and over againt a cement wall and still go diving with it.

I am pretty confident that Vayu was referring to the wing (because I own a Golem Gear rig too :wink:).

Though I think Patrick of Oxycheq may be in the process of taking the "toughest" wing crown with his Extreme Series wing...

Cheers,

Andrew

Vayu:

-V

Vayu, while I have no experience with golem gear I have heard it is a very quality product. On the other hand, you shouldnt make this claim without seeing what patrick from oxycheq has done with his new mach V extreme. I think someone at DEMA told me it is just starting to shows marks after being slashed with a razor a few thousand times.

UFScubaDiver:
I think someone at DEMA told me it is just starting to shows marks after being slashed with a razor a few thousand times.

That Oxycheq guy is a monster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom