Wife is from Cebu, I'm American, LOVED diving in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voloap:
your 1$ gets X php43 in value
algebra

That is misleading... just because that is the exchange rate right now for USDPHP, it does'nt mean you are going to have $43, he will have 43 pesos.

$43 ????

1 scoop of ice cream at the mall is 90 pesos !

a scoop of ice crfeam in metro manila mall is Php25 add php5 you get two scoops !

anyway this is off topic, MODS please delete these OFF topic exchange

a scoop of ice crfeam in metro manila mall is Php25 add php5 you get two scoops !

1 scoop of gelatissimo is Php 90

But you are right because it is possible to get a scoop of dirty water ice candy for Php 5 in the province.

Someone who is'nt used to the dirty water used to may get diarrhea for a few days, but as long as they don't mind because after a while their body will adjust.

1 scoop of gelatissimo is Php 90

But you are right because it is possible to get a scoop of dirty water ice candy for Php 5 in the province.

Someone who is'nt used to the dirty water used to may get diarrhea for a few days, but as long as they don't mind because after a while their body will adjust.
I do not think I had ever had any problem of consuming large quantity of ice-cream in Philippines.
Who would pay P90.00(US$2.00) for a scoop of ice-cream in the country?

I think people are confusing ice-cream with gelato. Gelato is more expensive - 90php per scoop in Makati.

Who buys it? Lots of people - Gelatissimo is really busy. There are 3 Gelato shops in my local mall (Greenbelt) alone.

There's also a Haagen Dazs shop in Greenbelt that's even more expensive than that.

A regular ice-cream, sold from the freezer of 7/11 or Ministop is more like 20php though.

Who would pay P90.00(US$2.00) for a scoop of ice-cream in the country?

People who enjoy it.

I think people are confusing ice-cream with gelato. Gelato is more expensive - 90php per scoop in Makati.

Who buys it? Lots of people - Gelatissimo is really busy. There are 3 Gelato shops in my local mall (Greenbelt) alone.

There's also a Haagen Dazs shop in Greenbelt that's even more expensive than that.

A regular ice-cream, sold from the freezer of 7/11 or Ministop is more like 20php though.

You are right. I don't know the difference between ice-cream with gelato. I call them both Ice Cream.

What is the price for a scoop of Haagen Dazs ice cream ?

People who enjoy it.
You are right. I don't know the difference between ice-cream with gelato. I call them both Ice Cream.
I certainly won't TRY it if I do not know what it is!!!!!
As for Haagen Dazs, it is over-rated and definitely over-priced. But some people will love it becasue it is expensive.

This thread got me curious what exactly what is the difference between ice-cream with gelato ?

After a quick search on google I came up with:

Ice cream legally has a minimum of 10 percent fat, gelato is made with a greater proportion of whole milk to cream, so it contains more like five to seven percent fat.

Also gelato is churned at a slower speed than ice cream, so it's denser because not as much air is whipped into the mixture. (Gelato contains about 25 to 30 percent air, while ice cream can contain as much as 50 percent air) Finally, while ice cream is typically served frozen, gelato is typically stored and served at a slightly warmer temperature, so it's not quite completely frozen.

I also like the Frozen Yogurt at Yummy Yo. Prices at 75php, 95php and 130php for the original flavor. 80php, 100php and 135php for the green tea flavor and 90php, 110php and 145 for the fruit flavored yogurt with real fruit bits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom