Wood's Cove - Our First Visit [HD Video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rainer, BEEutifull! and awesome Buoyancy from your models!! Great shooting with that surge! And some say MPA's are sh*t, REALLY?

Peace on you Bro!

Thanks, Don!

Really does make a videographer's life much easier when he has nice models. :)

Was really great to see the sign up at the top of the stairs newly marked as of 1/1/12 noting this site to be a State Marine Reserve. Hopefully the life will only increase in the coming years.

Thanks Rainer, BEEutifull! and awesome Buoyancy from your models!! Great shooting with that surge! And some say MPA's are sh*t, REALLY?

Peace on you Bro!

Great Vid as always! How about those stairs :wink:. Its a workout in itself.

And I meant to ask earlier, but if any of you Laguna regulars have other local sites off the "usual" list that you'd recommend, please let me know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainer,
Your presentations never fail to amaze me...Always outstanding!

Laguna--actually most of OC offers great diving - you need to know When and Were and What time to dive

In 1967 when LA Co developed and offered the first civilian diving ADP one componets was diving locations, idenifying entrance and exists the game and best time to dive a particular location. A number of instructors presented slide presentations on the local diving locations...I did Orange county for many many years.

The LA Co instructor program the UICC, was based in LA but held classes on most of the SoCal diving beaches. While visiting those areas the local LA Co instructor would give a Beach Tour..I did OC.

In the early 1970s I began teaching recreational diving at a local OC community college, specificly Advanced SCUBA Diving and of course one session of the 18 week course was a Beach Tour of OC.

In 1974 Ron Merker, at that time owner of the Aquatic Center in NPB & I co-authored the Orance County section of the second dive guide book published in the US Titled "Diving West." I still have my editions-- I think I also have several copies extracted from that book I used as hands out for my ADP . If I have a copy and you would like a copy PM your mailing address.

When the SCUBA Show came in to being on several occasions I gave a presentation titled "Orange County diving locations" which was bsed on my 50 years of OC diving and essentially used the Diving West information.

On occasion I would do a beach tour in conjunction with one of the local dive clubs, the last onewas about 15 years ago. As I recall John Rice who is the Huntington Beach SC manager photgraphed the entire tour...might want to check with him.

It is interesting Woods received its name from the large growth of trees along the shore line, It is interesting that there was a WW11 airplane that crashed in the water just off Woods, which has now disappeared into bits and peices, and of course the CDN book tells about Miller's Reef which very few have dove--but I have many times.

Rainer you have a good eye..and I enjoy your work,

sdm

Sam, thanks so much for taking the time to include some background on Laguna diving! I'll definitely shoot you my address as I'd love to see your dive guide. Of all the OC sites you've hit, what are your favorites?

Thanks again for watching!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainer,
Your presentations never fail to amaze me...Always outstanding!

Laguna--actually most of OC offers great diving - you need to know When and Were and What time to dive

In 1967 when LA Co developed and offered the first civilian diving ADP one componets was diving locations, idenifying entrance and exists the game and best time to dive a particular location. A number of instructors presented slide presentations on the local diving locations...I did Orange county for many many years.

The LA Co instructor program the UICC, was based in LA but held classes on most of the SoCal diving beaches. While visiting those areas the local LA Co instructor would give a Beach Tour..I did OC.

In the early 1970s I began teaching recreational diving at a local OC community college, specificly Advanced SCUBA Diving and of course one session of the 18 week course was a Beach Tour of OC.

In 1974 Ron Merker, at that time owner of the Aquatic Center in NPB & I co-authored the Orance County section of the second dive guide book published in the US Titled "Diving West." I still have my editions-- I think I also have several copies extracted from that book I used as hands out for my ADP . If I have a copy and you would like a copy PM your mailing address.

When the SCUBA Show came in to being on several occasions I gave a presentation titled "Orange County diving locations" which was bsed on my 50 years of OC diving and essentially used the Diving West information.

On occasion I would do a beach tour in conjunction with one of the local dive clubs, the last onewas about 15 years ago. As I recall John Rice who is the Huntington Beach SC manager photgraphed the entire tour...might want to check with him.

It is interesting Woods received its name from the large growth of trees along the shore line, It is interesting that there was a WW11 airplane that crashed in the water just off Woods, which has now disappeared into bits and peices, and of course the CDN book tells about Miller's Reef which very few have dove--but I have many times.

Rainer you have a good eye..and I enjoy your work,

sdm

Really appreciate it! The Garibaldi certainly help with the color. :)

Good video. Strong colors, nicely done.

You weren't thrilled with the video you got?:confused: Steady shots, solid focus and great subject matter. Awesome video IMHO! Really makes me want to go back down to Laguna. Thx for sharing.

You weren't thrilled with the video you got?:confused: Steady shots, solid focus and great subject matter. Awesome video IMHO! Really makes me want to go back down to Laguna. Thx for sharing.

I think the problem was that this was the first video where he remembered the dive looking better than the video showed....that said, I thought it looked quite good and was really fun to re-live the dive (and see things that I might not have noticed at the time).

Oh, I'm pretty happy with how the video turned out, but the actual footage (as ligers noted) just didn't match my memory of how good the dive was. So far I've had the opposite issue (footage looks better than my memory of the dive). This was also the first time I had to do any real post-processing (mostly color and contrast correction). I guess it was a good lesson in FCP. :p

Thanks for taking the time to watch!

Back
Top Bottom