Worst food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medic Diver, that's one of the funniest websites I have seen in ages. :laugh:

I'd have to go with uni... raw sea urchin roe, but only because I haven't tried hakarl (shark that's been buried for months and then cured), balut, or lutefisk.

I love eel though! Especially in sushi. :)

Hank49:
dino guan. It's made from pig's blood cooked with either the head meat or...and this is the one I almost couldn't swallow...the intestines.
Sounds good to me... some of my favorite sausages are intestine (A.K.A. "natural casings") packed with seasoned pork scraps and blood. In fact, one of my favorite Portuguese sausages is MOSTLY blood.

there is stuff you get in bali that is dried coconut soaked in raw pigs blood.

(Note to self: in future stick to the dog satay)

Boiled fruit bat....with the fur still attached...in Fiji. Also a bit of "beef stew" which included the jaw, teeth, and again, attached hide, also in Fiji. (I was in the Peace Corps back there in the 1980's.) I also might have eaten an earthworm now & then as a kid to get attention, but haven't done that for YEARS!

Dang! Philippines, Bali, Fiji, this is the food they have there? These are places I have always want to go to and dive. Do they by chance have McDonalds or Applebees or anything "normal" :D?

Becky

So true - and thank goodness. Kansas is a great place to be from! Just not quite as adventurous when it come to eating as some folks.

Becky

nauifins73:
Dang! Philippines, Bali, Fiji, this is the food they have there? These are places I have always want to go to and dive. Do they by chance have McDonalds or Applebees or anything "normal" :D?

Becky

Don't worry Becky; it's not like the Philippines have only balut, dino guan and blood pudding to eat! As a matter of fact, the Philippines is arguably the most Westernized Asian country out there. Haven't been there for some time, but I have relatives living there and family visiting there all the time. You'll do fine there, especially if you stick with the resorts!

Back
Top Bottom